Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ridgid TP1300 Planer

Ridgid TP1300 Planer

I have a Ridgid TP1300 planer. The rollers need to be replaced and I was told they are obsolete and not available. Does anyone know where I can get new rollers or is there someone rebuilding the coating on these rollers?

That planer is still made by Orion for a couple different brands:

http://www.cutechtool.com/product-p/40200h-ct.htm

http://www.general.ca/products/1_gen...er/30-060.html

I'd think one of the companies that currently offers it would be able to supply parts.

Brett, thanks for posting this. I too have the Rigid TP1300, and while I don't need parts at this point it is good to know they are available. The first site you posted, under the parts tab, shows the rollers the OP is looking for. (The second site may have parts too, I didn't check)

How close to the Rigid does this look?

Rikon.jpg
    This has a helical cutterhead but I wonder if the rollers are the same.

5. Hey guys I'm the managing partner for Cutech Tool and the infeed outfeed rollers you see on www.Cutechtool.com will fit the Ridgid TP1300. General probably carries them as well since they are buying the same machine. The Rikon pic posted above has a slightly different set of rollers and we carry them as well as they fit our Model 40600H. The planers are manufactured by Shinmax . Orion was an importer that was one of the original partners with Steel City before their first reorganization. Steel City carried the TP1300 exclusively as their Model 40200 after Rigid quit carrying that model since they ended up with the tooling. They simply upgraded it with their patented spiral cutterhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Davenport View Post
    They simply upgraded it with their patented spiral cutterhead.
    Doug,
    Is there any way to purchase the cutter head separately?

We are working on that. The cutterheads that I carry as repair parts don't have the bearings installed on them to fit the TP1300 they are just replacement heads for our 40200H. We are discussing with the factory to buy the cutterheads packaged as a kit to fit the Rigid TP 1300 and possible to fit DeWalt 734 and 735 will be similar to the Accuhead kits that Steel City used to sell. Price point will be somewhere around $300 but I don't have a landed cost yet. We have just gotten in the blades to fit the TP 1300 which will be up on our website in the next few days.

We are working on that. The cutterheads that I carry as repair parts don't have the bearings installed on them to fit the TP1300 they are just replacement heads for our 40200H. We are discussing with the factory to buy the cutterheads packaged as a kit to fit the Rigid TP 1300 and possible to fit DeWalt 734 and 735 will be similar to the Accuhead kits that Steel City used to sell. Price point will be somewhere around $300 but I don't have a landed cost yet. We have just gotten in the blades to fit the TP 1300 which will be up on our website in the next few days.
    What happened to Accuhead? I bought one of their heads for my TP1300 planer and about a year later they just disappeared. That was the best $250 I ever spent on an upgrade for one of my tools.

9. Nothing really. When Shinmax and the owner of Steel City split Shinmax was not sure who actually owned the name Accuhead. Shinmax is the manufacturer of the cutterhead and it is their patent. Cutech will simply market the cutterheads under our name and the Accuhead you have, our 2-sided inserts are the same and will fit your cutterhead.

I am able to source bearings locally. Is there any way to order the cutterhead as a standalone part?

Many thanks for all your help. I purchased the infeed and outfeed rollers for my TP 1300 planer from Cutech. worked out great. Richard Minue

12. Cyrus I'll try to get the numbers together and get back to sometime next week. I need to break the shipment down and see exactly what I've go since I haven't seen it yet and don't know if they preloaded the inserts etc. Will stay in touch and work with you to see if we can get you fixed up.

Sounds great Doug. Get back to me at your leisure.

By any chance do you happen to have a Blade Lockbar for the Ridgid R4330?

15. R 4330 Lockbar info

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sutherland View Post
    By any chance do you happen to have a Blade Lockbar for the Ridgid R4330?
    Mr. Sutherland,

I checked with the factory and do in fact have a few of the Lockbars left in stock from when then produced that planer for Rigid. They will send me a few on the next container they ship me and i'll add them to our website for sale. I have alread added the straight knife blades to our website so keep checking our website and I will add them as soon as they arrive should be sometime in late June or July.