Thread: Tall ships coming to the great lakes in July

Tall ships coming to the great lakes in July

If you haven't seen these ships, you have missed something spectacular. We boarded many of them in 2013 when they made port in Bay City, Mi. These ships will be racing, and at least 20 of them are expected. A great family outing.
    http://wlns.com/2016/01/20/fleet-of-...o-great-lakes/
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Blog Entries
    That is one thing I mis about living near San Francisco. I could go out to the Maritime National Park and along the waterfront and see historical ships.

If I pay attention to the news or shipping information I can sometimes go down to the river to see sailing ships headed to Portland if they are touring along the coast.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Saw them in Philadelphia quite a few years ago. I would encourage anyone local to go see them. Very impressive.

We saw the tall ships in Duluth a few years back. It was well worth the trip and something cool to see. We took the north shore drive the day they left, could see the old pirate ship for miles, what a sight!! Cant imagine the fear it put in sailors back in the day to see that coming.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.