Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Butfering 43" Widebelt pictures

Looking through more quotes and info on this sander--this sander with the EPS platen head for veneer/lacquer sanding was $29900.

I actually got a better deal on the sander than I previously posted--found Stiles paid all the shipping and gave me a little better price since I bought an Altendorf F45 at the same time.

Greg,

Thanks for taking all the pics and posting them. I've called my local rep regarding the Stiles-represented machines and am looking into them. I'm glad you mentioned the Butfering.

If you are OK doing so, do you mind private messaging me here and letting me know how much you paid for it? Ball park is fine; local reps are saying they are MUCH more expensive than the SCM machines and I know that wasn't your experience so any guidance would be appreciate.

Thanks,

Mike

Oops! I see you included pricing in another post. Thanks!

Wow, that's a good deal for the amount of options that are on there.

Did it come with a UL certification too?

Just for reference, at the same time I received quotes of $17,100 for the SCMI Sandya 1 and $23,800 for the SCMI Sandya 300. Neither included shipping.

The Sandya 300 has a 4.75" drum, rubber coated vs the 6"+ steel drum on my Butfering. The SCMI platen is 2" vs 3"+ on the Butfering, and two feed speeds vs the 2.5 - 13 m/min variable speed on the Butfering.

The SCMI does have more HP, 30HP vs 20HP for the Butfering. I have no trouble with the 20HP motor though. Once, I forgot to measure the thickness and keyed in what I thought it was. I took off a lot of material, maybe 1/4-inch on a hard maple panel, and burned the paper up. Machine didn't slow one bit. Smoke pouring out all over from the paper burning until I hit the e-stop!!! I learned to pay better attention that day!

Thats one of the pluses of a steel drum, much harder to damage than a rubber one. Thanks for the info.