Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Delta Industrial Unisaw

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Weinheimer View Post
    I have a 5 HP Delta. Bearings going out on shaft. Parts not available
    Unless the shaft got screwed up, the bearings are just standard bearings. I believe they were 6203s if I remember correctly.

Although the correct size bearings can probably be sourced elsewhere, that is a very good point. As I understand it, the new owners of Delta Tools have decided not to supply parts for older machines. At some point, a part might fail that isn't an off-the-shelf item. That would give me pause for thought before buying an old machine. You can buy a Grizzly table saw brand new that is functionally very similar to the Unisaws for the same price. It comes with a warranty and Grizzly stocks parts for their older machines. I won't make any claims about Grizzly quality vs. Delta because I don't own either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Weinheimer View Post
    I have a 5 HP Delta. Bearings going out on shaft. Parts not available

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Grzadzinski View Post
    If you follow the link in Post #18, then it's apparently not a standard Unisaw, and requires a special arbor to use dado blades. If that's the case, then I would say it's worth a lot less than if it was a standard unisaw.
    I was referring to the saw linked by the original poster, which is a Unisaw. It clearly states that in the lower right of the nameplate. The saw in post #18 is a Delta cabinet saw made in Asia and I would agree with you that its value would be lower than a Unisaw.

Yes, I see that they are different saws. This one is a standard Unisaw.
    Gerry

JointCAM

$1500 for a 3hp Cabinet saw without cast iron wings and only a 30" fence not to mention its in a basement?
    Defiantly not worth it!

I would only give at max $800 for this saw. For $1500 you could buy a brand new saw with a warranty, better dust collection and riving knife! Possibly even a 50" fence if you wait for a sale.

But I like to buy used.. Much better value for you money and this saw doesn't have a used price..
    For reference I was able to pick up a 1966 Powermatic 66 with a 50" fence, some blades and the cast iron right long extension piece for $900. Just keep you eyes out, a deal or steal will come along.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    Unless the shaft got screwed up, the bearings are just standard bearings. I believe they were 6203s if I remember correctly.
    The the threaded part of the shaft is worn where the blade sits. There's also pressed items on the shaft. When in goes out, I'll buy a grizzly or see what s machinest will charge to rebuild it

Eric W: after Feb. 20, contact the Saw Center, now in the process of moving. Saw Center rebuilds Uni-saws and parts available. I purchased a few hard to find parts for the Uni-fence and the Uni-guard from the Saw Center.

At one time I believe that you could send them the arbor and they would rebuild it. On their old web site, Saw Center had instructions and photos showing how to replace the Uni-saw arbor bearings.

http://www.sawcenter.com/