Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portable Table Saw

If I was buying a portable saw today, I would by the ridgid out of all the saws mentioned. I don't think there is a better tried and true portable saw around. None of these saws are going to last forever, that is the trade off for the portability and size limitations.

Corey

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sudmeier
    I have the Craftsman Professional Jobsite saw from a few years back. It does all of my table sawing. It will hold up to a 13/16" dado and does just fine with it. It is not a cabinet saw by any means but it does the job for now I won't be upgrading it until I can go to a cabinet saw...
    Jeff, I have that same saw. Which dado blades do you use? I need to get one for mine and am not sure which to get. I tried one a while back but returned it because I couldn't get the right width (it kept moving on me).
    Member - Uncle Sam's Misguided Children '82-'85.
    Once, Now Former, But Always!

"Among individuals, as among nations, the respect for the other's rights brings peace."
    Benito Juarez

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hannah
    Walt I would like to find the room for a Contractor saw. I am having to ensure that my wife can still park her minivan in the garage if you know what I mean.
    Actually if you actually do the measuring cabinet saws, with no motor hanging off the back, usually have a smaller footprint than contractor saws. True we often put long fences with router tables on the right, and extention tables on the rear, etc. The cabinet base saw itself is smaller and can be put on a mobile base so it can go all the way against a wall--takes about 32 inches of depth. The draw back is the cost.

Personally, I haven't had a car in my shop for years. It used to be a two car garage.