Thread: Tool Rest system

Tool Rest system

Does anyone know the thread size on the posts for the Woodcraft "tool rest system". I looked at the large bowl support for the "one way" bowl curve, but it is too short for the G0766. I have the Robust 6" TR which is 7 3/8" overall length and it only sets in the banjo 1 1/8". The one way is only 5 3/4" overall. I would like to get the Woodcraft system but the posts are too short (5" max), so I would like to make my own therefore I need the thread size. I want to get the curve and 12" one. I drilled out my banjo to 1" (to fit the Robust 6") which is now oversized for the original. The Robust ones are too expensive for me. I can get the Woodcraft "tool rest system" for about 1/2 the cost.
    Last edited by Robert Willing; 02-09-2016 at 6:48 PM.

I sent an email to them and they replied after a day or so. It wouldn't work for my purpose. I did not save the answer.

3. Robert, I would recommend that you contact Best Wood Tools. They have posts and rests for most any lathe and have long posts available to fit any of their rests. The prices are reasonable and the quality is superb, and you can get the length you want, probably for a bit less than the WC rests, which use an odd size thread. I got one of their rests, and was disappointed that I could not use it when I upgraded lathes back several years ago.

http://bestwoodtools.stores.yahoo.net/tmotoresy.html
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Thank for the info

Robert, if this is what you are looking at as far as a post, then I have the same thing. Threads measure 1/2 NC 13. Hope that helps.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Thank that is a very common thread size. That is what I am looking at, however one of the reviewers of the 12" rest said it is a 5/8" thread after calling WC.

I bought my modular tool rest system (S curve and 4" rest) back in 2006 or so. Maybe things have changed. I physically measured the post on mine and it is what I posted.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Steve your measurement are right on, just got an email from tec support confirming your data. The reviewer was wrong.