Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delta 46-715 1440 lathe parts

Thumbs down Delta 46-715 1440 lathe parts

Does anyone know where to purchase replacement variable speed pulleys. This lathe has very little use and the pulleys are self destructing. Seems like a common problem by searching on the Interne. Delta customer service reply is Sorry,we no longer provide these parts. There must be someway to repair this. Seems like a shame to just abandon this investment to the junk pile

Is it possible that Grizzly cloned the same style lathe? I needed a part for my Delta DJ20 jointer and I got the part from Grizzly.

Robin,
    I've got a set of motor pulleys for the 46-715 that I no longer need. PM me if you need a motor pulley set.

The spindle pulleys come in at least two different sizes IIRC. If you need/find a set of these, make sure you get the right size.

These pulleys need to be cleaned and lubed regularly for best life.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Dick Strauss; 02-03-2016 at 9:49 AM.

Good luck. I have one sitting in my shop with a pile of dust on it. The spindle pulley broke about 3 days after I bought it used. A company called Renovo parts is currently building a aftermarket pulley for the lathe but with no current release date.

Dick, not sure if the pm thing worked. Sounds like an excellent option.
    Last edited by Steve Schlumpf; 02-29-2016 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Sales are not conducted outside of the Classifieds Forum

This is so discouraging to hear, my first lathe I ever bought was this 46-715, I used it for a year and just bought a new 3520b. Anyway, I'm trying to sell this lathe as we speak. That certainly makes selling it alot harder.

That was my first lathe and it worked quite well for me. It's not big, it's not fancy but that's what I fell in love with turning on. I used DriSlide, a dry Moly/graphite lube on the pulleys and they never gave me trouble. It can be a nice user if well maintained.

Doug

Robin,
    I got your PM but don't have a whole lot of time now. I'm not sure what the issues/costs are with mailing packages to Canada. I'll try to get back to you Monday-Tues. If you have any experience with arranging for shipments from US to Canada, I'd be happy to learn. Are the rest of parts (springs, etc) okay?

Have you considered investigating whether the Grizzly G0462 spindle will work? They use the same bearing size. If that's an option then their headstock pulley set will work. I know there are lot's of opportunities for other things to be different but it looks as though it could possibly work. Good luck.

I recently purchased a used Delta 46-715. Not knowing the pulley issue. Mine have now gone bad.
    Last edited by Steve Schlumpf; 02-29-2016 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Sales only allowed in the Classifieds Forum

Ronald,
    Please let me know where on line I can find the Grizzly G0462 spindle pulley. I found an owner's manual but cannot find where to order parts, or a phone number.

Thanks

12. Quote Originally Posted by John Rosser View Post
    Ronald,
    Please let me know where on line I can find the Grizzly G0462 spindle pulley. I found an owner's manual but cannot find where to order parts, or a phone number.

Thanks
    I am not Ronald, but if you want to order Grizzly parts [some of their machines are clones of other makes] then of to Grizzly.com. And then click on Woodworking machines. Somewhere on their pages is a list of links on the bottom of the page......find these and click on "manuals". And the manuals have parts lists in them. Find the part number you need and you can order it from Grizzly.
    Hope this helps.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Here is a link to the parts list and the link to the parts purchase page. I removed the prefix to make them not "live" links but they still should work by copying and pasting.

cdn0.grizzly.com/partslists/g0462_pl.pdf

grizzly.com/products/g0462/parts

thanks for your help, I have found the web page for ordering the parts.

Hi Guys,

I know this threads is several months old, but wanted to ask how John (Rosser) made out with his Grizzly parts? Did you get any? If so, did they fit OK?

One of my Spindle Pulleys recently went bad (the key slot groove got too wide and the pulleys would catch if open too wide). I had a spare set I bought before a few years ago they quite selling them and thought I was good to go with a swap, but found out they were the wrong size. I have a type 2 lathe-- the type 1 & 2's used 24mm spindle and pulleys, while the type 3 uses 22mm. BUT I ordered a new (22mm) spindle and it arrived today. But I want to get another spare set of pulleys if I can. Not that it matters for me, since I have both size spindles now, but if you ordered those from the Grizzly (G0462), I'd appreciate it if you can let me know what size they turned out to be.

If anyone was wondering, the difference between the two spindles is only on the back end where the pulleys fit. The back section (where the key slot is) is turned down to 22mm, the rest is the same as on the 24mm spindle (example the original BEARINGS still fit). The only other part that's different is the very back EXT RETAINING RING (Ref #14)-- you need one for the 22mm shaft (my ring slot ID was 20.60mm). The type 3 parts list still shows the same part number as the others (but Delta doesn't sell any of them anyway).

I'm also installing my last set of Motor Pulleys too. I did confirmed elsewhere that those from the Grizzly (G0462) DO FIT-- they're just a little tight, but sanding down the shaft slightly fixes it.

Thanks for the help...JEB