Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Delta 46-715 1440 lathe parts

Quote Originally Posted by John Rosser View Post
    Ronald,
    Please let me know where on line I can find the Grizzly G0462 spindle pulley. I found an owner's manual but cannot find where to order parts, or a phone number.

Thanks
    John,here are the steps: (1) go to the grizzly.com page, (2) Look on the left side of the page about half way down and you'll see four boxes:
    Specification Sheet Manual
    Parts list Purchase Parts

Click on the purchase parts box and you're on your way.

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, and posting the instructions. I already found how to order, but was hoping John (or anyone else) that ordered the Grizzly pulleys already might be able comment on what size they were (24 or 22mm ID's). Also (forgot to ask earlier) whether they were the same size, and had the indexing holes.

Looking at the G0462 parts view, the spindle pulleys actually look like their the same as the JET's (part # JWL-1442-161). If they are, I have a set of those, so wouldn't need to order the Grizzly's just yet. The JET's have 24mm ID's, but the OD is smaller than the Delta's and they don't have the indexing holes.

Anyone purchased the Grizzly SPINDLE pulley's?? If fso, could you comment on them?

Thanks...JEB

I know this is an old thread, but I had this issue and found the part at Renovo Parts. Unfortunately they sent me one with a crack in it and when I called in to ask for a replacement or a refund they refused, they said I probably broke it trying to install it. Beware the customer service at Renovo Parts is very unprofessional and not at all helpful. I ordered a second part anyway, because I need the lathe to be back up and running ASAP.

I don't know how to paste the link, but if you search "How I fixed my piece of junk Delta lathe.", You can see how I fixed mine.
    Good luck, many of us feel your pain.

Location? I can sell you my delta 12x40 lathe instead. Shipping would be a problem.
    Bill D

Problem solved !

I was able to use the pulleys from Jet with a little modification. The bore is about 0.015" too small. I used a neighbor's lathe with the bowl jaws on the chuck to spin the split pieces. I removed enough metal using 150 grit sandpaper wrapped around a 3/4" dowel to allow the split parts to slide freely.

The OD of the Jet pulleys is about 1/2" less than the Delta, but the ratio is the same. They work fine. I would suggest removing about 0.010" from the end of the shaft pulley that abuts the collar to avoid excess friction, as it is too tight otherwise.

You will need a 26" V belt.

I got the Jet pulleys from JPW Industries; there are other sources.

IMG_1031[1].jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by carey mitchell; 09-25-2021 at 11:59 AM.

I think I've got the motor, motor-side split pulley/spring and yoke (the part that connects to the speed handle and forces the shaft side pulleys together) for this model if anyone should need them.

I’m looking for the yoke, spring sand guide rods if yours are still available.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lindberg View Post
    I’m looking for the yoke, spring sand guide rods if yours are still available.
    Look at a parts list for the Grizzly knock off of that design. I know people have purchased the sheaves from Grizzly for that Delta machine.

Yes, I think I still got the parts. I'll check to make sure when I get a chance. I do not have the handle for the actual speed change though. Do you need the split pulley for the reeves drive?

Yes I need the spindle pulley still. I’ve ordered the motor pulley from grizzly just haven’t put it on yet. Thanks Dick for your time.
    Last edited by Mike Lindberg; 02-08-2022 at 2:11 PM.

The yoke assembly on the grizzly is a different design than the 46-715. Thanks though.

I'm sure I don't have the spindle pulley set. I should have the motor pulley set but it sounds like you don't need it. I should have the other parts I mentioned previously.
    I'll try to remember to look in the morning.

Thanks Dick, I appreciate it.

I still have the yoke with guide rods/pins and spring. PM me your details when you get the chance.
    Last edited by Dick Strauss; 02-09-2022 at 7:03 PM.