Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Importing Machine held up by FDA

Importing Machine held up by FDA

So, I need to fill this form out apparently to get my machine out of customs. Anyone had to do this before? Anyone know what boxes I am supposed to check? I just bought a laser from Sinjoe in China. CO2 1290 machine. FDA customs form.pdf
    100 Watt Laserworld TH 9060 pass through CO2 laser (220 volt)
    Laser cut 5.3
    JCUT 25S 4.5kW (6hp) water cooled, dual spindles, 1300X2500x300(z) or approx 4'x8'x12" table
    DSP controller
    20" powermatic planer
    18" Jet Bandsaw

Quote Originally Posted by daniel coyle View Post
    So, I need to fill this form out apparently to get my machine out of customs. Anyone had to do this before? Anyone know what boxes I am supposed to check? I just bought a laser from Sinjoe in China. CO2 1290 machine.
    My broker did it for me. I did need to contact Shenhui for a current Assesion number though. The one they had on the paperwork had expired.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

My broker did mine too - I sent them the info from Weike and they did the rest.

Do you know who the carrier is? I got an email from DHL telling me the port and the entry number. I called them and they were quite helpful. You should have an accession number from the manufacturer.
    Scott Challoner
    30W LaserPro Spirit (Need more power)
    30W Wisely Fiber Galvo

Yes, my broker hasn't been all that helpful in getting me all this stuff. Thanks for the tips. The manufacturer is on Chinese holiday right now as luck would have it.
    Laser cut 5.3
    JCUT 25S 4.5kW (6hp) water cooled, dual spindles, 1300X2500x300(z) or approx 4'x8'x12" table
    DSP controller
    20" powermatic planer
    18" Jet Bandsaw

Blog Entries
    Daniel,

Someone already mentioned the Accession number. That is critical. There is also a code the defines what the device is. There are a gazillion codes for a laser cutter engraver and using the wrong code will flag the device to the FDA for deep inspection and that is not the correct code to use. Your broker, if you are using one, should know enough to code it correctly. Ordinarily I would be delighted to look the code used for mine for you but I will not be home till the weekend. If you still need it then let me know and I can pull the paperwork for you. Your broker should be able to determine the correct code though if they consider the options. There are a number of codes that can logically apply to a laser cutter and a laser engraver and as I said, some result in heavy inspection processes by the FDA and some allow it to sail through smoothly. This assumes there isnt anything else causing a block of course. Using the wrong type of packing and crate materials can be one cause of delay for example.

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

And... you need to get it handled as quick as possible, because they will also start to assess you a storage fee if it's there too long (from what I understand that time varies on location so you might want to check with the port)
    Shenhui G460 80W RECI
    LIAOCHENG RAY FINE RF-6040-90W RECI
    Corel X5 Technical Suite, Windows 7

Happy Year of the Monkey....... Have some pins being made.... well in the que to be made after the party ends that is !

Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

yes. well, i am sort of out of luck at the moment it seems. David, if i haven't figure this out by the time you are back home i would definitely take you up on the offer to look up the number.
    Laser cut 5.3
    DSP controller
    20" powermatic planer
    18" Jet Bandsaw

The code my broker used for importing was 8456.10.8000

HTS Code: 8456.10.8000 - Machine Tools Operated By Laser Or Other Light Or Photon Beam Processes. 2.4% duty in USA.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Blog Entries
    Just got home this morning and checked.....the codes Zach and John just gave you are the same as the one I had on the laser as well.

Dave
    PS Heading out again for a few days but will try to watch the forum if you need more help.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

If your broker can't handle this, I'd be looking for a new broker with a bit more experience.
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Blog Entries
    Hey Bill! I am not sure I would place all the blame on the broker. When I was bringing in my machine I kind of paralleled my brokers efforts mostly because I wanted to have a clue what was going on. When it came time to code the items being brought in I think I found at least 6 or 7 codes that could have applied to the laser without any question at all. If you looked at any one of them you would have said "yup! That's the one! Fits to a T!" The broker explained to me what the differences were though. You actually had to know what each code triggered for responses on the part of FDA rather than what the codes actually said. And each one did have an application depending on your use for the machine. Same machine in each case. Just a matter of how it was to be used. It was along the facetious lines of "well...code A is for right handed users of lasers and code b is for left handed users of lasers. Right handed users in the west also use that hand to hold toilet paper, which involves fecal matter and therefor triggers multiple long running tests for any trace of the 2,301 fecal coliform variants known in the world. Whereas if you are a left handed user you dont need to deal with this. But of course, left handed people were thought to be sinister way back in Roman times and therefor that code, while getting your laser to you faster, will result in the NSA tracking your every move." Made little sense to me, but it was nice to know. I could easily see a broker who had experience with a few of the machine uses not realizing there were others that would apply better and more cheaply and require less inspection. You just can't know it all. My broker just happened to have a clue. But others in her office were not aware and were asking why she had used the codes she did use.

The Lunar New Year celebration should be over soon Daniel. I forget, but it seemed like the holiday runs about 14 or 15 days? It is a big event over there and amazingly important to families. Pretty cool actually. Unless of course you need a new accession number for your laser. <sad grin>

Dave

Hi. Daniel. I musta got lucky I didn't use a broker. I contacted my Manu they sent a doc that I put with my form. Received my laser 4 days later.