Thread: DC impeller hardware rifels threw flex line

1. DC impeller hardware rifels threw flex line

Last week while runing my pennstate 2 hp bag type DC I heard a bang then there was a cloud of dust. The 5" flex thay goes from the impeller to the canister had a hole in it. The hose was a little deteriorated from sun exposure due to its location in my last garrage shop so I replaced it and didn't think much about what caused the bang. Yeaterday i begain hearing a scraping noise when the DC was winding down just before the impeller stops. I took the cover off and found that I am missing the bolt and washer that hold the impeller on. I found the washer in the bag of dust but apparently the bolt was ejected threw the flex line and is nowhere to be found. Im sure this bolt has left hand threads and hardware stores dont carry them. Calling pennstate industries in the morning. Any thoughts?
    Express Creativity With Wood.

I had the same thing happen a few years ago (not on a Pennstate machine). When I finally got a replacement bolt from the manufacturer, I put a little "Loctite" on it so it wouldn't come loose again.

Five (maybe six) years later - the bolt is still there.

I'm sure Pennstate can supply the missing bolt - if not, there are many bolt suppliers who can (just Google "bolt supplier").
    I love mankind. It's people I can't stand.