Thread: Another + for Amazon

Another + for Amazon

Yesterday I ordered some reloading dies, a trimmer, and bushings, all qualified for free shipping for over 35.00 shipping. Today I thought of something I forgot that was only 21.00 so no free shipping. I sent an email to them asking if there was any chance of adding it to yesterdays order. I got an email back in 10 minutes saying no problem it had been added. I checked my order and yep there it was, no shipping. I consider that good CS.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Good CS indeed. I'm a big fan of Prime - no worrying about a minimum order and we stream tv/movies quite a bit as well.

I am surprised that they could add on to an order that was already a day old. Usually, they have orders processed so quickly that it is already in the box by the time you think to call. I keep a bunch of low priority items in my wish list that I can use to pad out the next order to the $35 limit.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Peterson View Post
    I am surprised that they could add on to an order that was already a day old. Usually, they have orders processed so quickly that it is already in the box by the time you think to call. I keep a bunch of low priority items in my wish list that I can use to pad out the next order to the $35 limit.

Steve
    Yes, I was surprised to, I just thought I would try. It does show up as a different order with a different delivery date but free shipping. Works for me !
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Peterson View Post

Steve
    If it was a Prime order, they couldn't, but Amazon sits on orders that are getting free shipping. They don't want to encourage those orders so they don't let them leave the warehouse as quickly as people who are paying for shipping. If you ever look at package tracking on a free shipping Amazon box, it might sit at the warehouse "processing" for a week before they send it out the door.