Thread: Anyone tried the GE LED Bright Stik bulbs?

Anyone tried the GE LED Bright Stik bulbs?

Like the title asks: Has anyone here tried the GE LED Brightstick bulbs?

I was in Sams club today and came across these - http://www.samsclub.com/sams/16-watt....ip?navAction=

GE-LED-bright-stik-855x600_tcm201-99890.jpg

I am setting up my new shop which is a 24X36 garage with 8' ceiling height. The existing lighting consists of 12 evenly spaced pull chain type single bulb fixtures that are divided into 2 different groups each controlled by a switch. The compact form factor and the ruggedness of the construction on these would seem to make them an ideal choice. With the sale price of $12 for a 2 pack of the 100 watt equivalent bulbs I could change out the whole shop to LEDs for under $80 which seems crazy cheap for 100 watt equivalent LEDs. Is there something I am missing here or do these seem to be a good deal for general lighting?

Thanks, Craig

I bought some at HD (3pk for $10) and really like them. They put out a lot of light. Now if they last as long as they say they will, I'll be happy.

I did get some of the GE Bright Stik bulbs to try today. They seem like they would be fine for use in my home the color temp and light output is not enough to justify the cost in my shop. I am going to try out some bulbs that are a couple $ more each but look to be much better bulbs.

i'm not familiar with those particular lamps, but I did just recently put in LED fixtures to replace some older fluorescent fixtures in my shop and I'm totally happy with them. I do use screw-LED lamps in many places, but typically have been buying Phillips to-date.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I saw these at costco this week. haven't tried them yet. I also saw a 10 pk of 60w led bulbs for $24. The price keeps dropping!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    i'm not familiar with those particular lamps, but I did just recently put in LED fixtures to replace some older fluorescent fixtures in my shop and I'm totally happy with them. I do use screw-LED lamps in many places, but typically have been buying Phillips to-date.
    Sorry my message is so long, I didn't have time to write a short one.

I ended up going with some 100 watt LED bulbs from Costco.
    http://www.costco.com/Luminus%C2%AE-...100176687.html

They are a huge upgrade from the 60 watt incandescent bulbs I had previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Stueve View Post
    I ended up going with some 100 watt LED bulbs from Costco.
    http://www.costco.com/Luminus%C2%AE-...100176687.html

They are a huge upgrade from the 60 watt incandescent bulbs I had previously.
    I got some 100W equivalents from Costco about a month or two ago. Same brand, but marked as non-dimmable. They put out a huge amount of light and are great for about half of the sockets in our house without dimmers.

Steve

8. I looked hard at those LED Light Sticks at Sams the other day but did not buy any. Maybe later.