Thread: Box full of memories

Box full of memories

I lost my shop buddy unexpectedly on new years day. 4 months later I still get misty eyed thinking about her. She was a handful as a pup but grew into the best, most affectionate dog in the world. It was difficult but I mustered the courage to make a simple box for her ashes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Bruce,
    That's a beautiful tribute to a dear friend.
    Fred

Ella is a good name for a dog.
    Aj

Sorry to hear about the loss of your pup. Great looking box - could you elaborate on how you made the top?

She looks like she was a very peaceful dog. Beautiful Work on the box. Sorry for your loss.

so sorry for your loss. I too lost a 15 yr friend just last week. My heart is broken too.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Beautiful box Bruce and a great tribute to your shop buddy.
    I'm sure she was well loved.
    We too lost one of our fur babies about a year and a half ago, she was such a sweet little dog with an attitude. I think of her every day, still miss her companionship, and still get misty eyed thinking of her. She was a member of our family as was your pet. Some people get it, some don't, glad to see we both do.

Classy move Bruce. Sorry for your loss.

MY Golden Retriever will be 9 this year and the though that she may only have a few years left saddens me. Sadie has been with us since she was 3 months old and since I worked from home before retiring she has always been very close by my feet. Its going to be tough.
    Marshall
    ---------------------------
    A Stickley fan boy.

That's a beautiful way to hold on to and enjoy the memory of your beloved pet.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

That is so classy, Bruce. Great job and I'm so sorry for the loss of your buddy, Ella.

Sorry for your loss. A dog is a good friend. Martin Luther said "love me , love my dog. I know what its like to lose one. My sympathies. A great looking box. Do you do the top with a CNC?
    Charlie Jones

Sorry for your loss of Ella, Bruce. Great work on a beautiful box.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

My shop friend approves, from wherever he is now. Any time I'd open the cigar humidor he'd go nuts, because he knew either we were going to the shop, or the guys were coming to hang out in the back yard.

IMG_4655.jpg

Thanks everyone, she was near and dear to my heart. Painfully so.
    The box engraving and maple top were done on my cnc router.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I just saw this thread. Pets, especially dogs, are so much a part of our happiness in our daily lives. Sorry to read about Ella.
    Vortex! What Vortex?