Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP, please ... 80W laser cutter / engraver ... need settings and lens information

Please, please do not buy one off eBay. Experienced people and there are a few on here have directly imported from China using a good Chinese vendor. Please spend some time researching and reading here. We know its a money thing but the eBay vendors for the most part promise the world and you will end up with a machine that can not be used or fixed.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Ke Hui and Vevor are the two manufacturer's of the red and black lasers that are sold the most on Ebay. There is a third one that doesn't sell as much which has an extra window of the front edge of the door used to access the cutting table.

I have a Ke Hui. There are many sellers on ebay but I believe they all work for the same trading company. Look on the ad and you will see the location. 80w Ke Hui are usually shipped out of the same warehouse in Oakland, CA. Vevor's shipped out of some place closer to LA. It comes with a 2 inch lens.

For 9 mm cutting of wood, I agree with the others that you want a more powerful laser tube for the reasons stated in George M. Perzel's posts.

Just based on your comments in this thread so far, I think you might want more support than the ebay route offers. If your budget allows, buy from a US based seller of Chinese machines like Rabbit USA in OH or Boss in FL. If those are too expensive, I would get bids from Ray Fine or Thunder in China. They both seem to be making a real effort at providing competent support in English.

For 80w and above, you need to budget for a real chiller if you plan to use your laser a decent amount. Don't let them talk you into a CW3000. You want a CW5000 or above.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment