Thread: Incra LS router table fence question

Incra LS router table fence question

I'm thinking of upgrading my router table to use the Incra LS positioning system. I currently use this type of fence on my table saw and love it. On the table saw, after positioning the fence, you lock it in place to a rail at the front of the table. The router fence doesn't look like it has this type of lock so it seems to me that the fence won't be nearly as rigid. Is this the case? Other brands of router fence lock in place to 2 tracks so they should be much more rigid but they don't have the convenience of the positioner.

Jim
    I have the Incra L.S. 25" on my router table and it locks down very rigid and does't move. You won't regret it.
    Bob

I have the complete Incra system setup in my table saw. I use the Incra router table and the LS positioner from the table saw. If you like the Incra fence on your TS then you will love it on your router also. It is very stable and has all the Incra advantages. If you are interested I can show some pics of my setup.
    Earl

I have the Incra LS 17" router table and love it. It locks in well and can get down to .001". It would likely be impractical to use that system with a table saw, but it would be accurate.

I recently replaced my old router table with the complete set up from Incra. It is the best tool in my shop now. I just this weekend completed a box with the double dovetails which always looked so complicated, but it was a breeze. The fence is very rigid.

I would appreciate any pictures of the LS setup up on a router table. Especially the 25 inch model.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

I have the Incra on my TS and the 17 on my router table. The 17 is rock solid.

I'm not sure if these will help you but here is my setup with the router table mounted in my saw.

In saw mode.

With the fence flipped around and in router mode.

I mounted my table opposite the way Incra recommended. I didn't like not being able to work around the end of the table so I came up with this method. It only takes a minute to flip the fence around and everything stays aligned when I make the switch. With this setup it's just like having a separate router table and as I am space limited, this works out best for me.
    Earl

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Barstow View Post
    I'm thinking of upgrading my router table to use the Incra LS positioning system. I currently use this type of fence on my table saw and love it. On the table saw, after positioning the fence, you lock it in place to a rail at the front of the table. The router fence doesn't look like it has this type of lock so it seems to me that the fence won't be nearly as rigid. Is this the case? Other brands of router fence lock in place to 2 tracks so they should be much more rigid but they don't have the convenience of the positioner.
    had mine for ever 10+ years best thing I ever put on my router table. Accurate as the day is long. You have to remember the main point of pressure is at the point parallel to the bit. Thats where all the clamping pressure is, and its strong as an ox. I've pushed everything at it and never ever a problem.

Here's a picture of mine. Accuracy to the thou, can't ask for more. I chose to only attach mine with c-clamps so I can remove when I need to free hand it.

https://flic.kr/p/96WU78