Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Economical dust hose for Makita tracksaw?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    Its the same end as on the Festool standard 27mm hose that comes with the Festool Vacs. However the Bosch hose is 35mm so it works a bit better. The standard Fein hose is 30mm so falls somewhere in between. We are talking about very small differences here. I think you would have to use them side by side to even see a difference and possibly not then.
    I also have the 36mm Festool hose that goes over the saw fitting and I'm not sure I see a difference. I suppose it should be better but it could be just better in theory.
    Just purchased the Festool 36mm hose, it does not fit over the Makita XPS01 track saw. The hose OD is roughly identical to the Makita OD so it won't fit. Only solutions I've found that keep the anti-static connection are to either use the Festool 27mm hose (which I find lacking, doesn't pull enough dust from the track saw) or use the 36mm hose and buy the Makita P-70378 adapter which fits perfectly into the Festool 36mm hose and seats very nicely into the track saw dust port. Works better, but I'd rather have a solution that fits OVER the Makita dust port, to improve flow. I have yet to find a solution that allows connecting the Festool 36mm hose OVER the Makita track saw dust port. Anyone?

I also use the Bosch hose with my DeWalt track saw, Bosch sander (with adapter), DeWalt sander (with different adapter), and Festool domino. Works great. I have a super dust deputy between my Rigid shop vac and the tools, the Bosch hose works fine on the inlet to the super dust deputy.