Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFR ZS-1250 Laser Tube

EFR ZS-1250 Laser Tube

Hey everybody!

The EFR ZS-1250 laser tube has been out for a couple months and wanted to share some info here, if anyone is looking. I have one on the way and hope to compare it to the Reci I currently have.

ZS Series Feature

1. Reliability: discharge raw glass tube is imported from Germany, the complete glass tube quality is under controlled.
    2. Power: mirror & Windows from II-VI, compared to common laser tube with same length, power is 40% higher. Max power can be 190W.
    3. Long Lifespan: catalyst coated discharge tube with processed electrode, the discharging is more stable, and working life is up to 10000 hours.
    4. Beam: stable cavity structure brings more reliable beam and better quality, beam mode is up to TEM00.
    ZS Series Advantage

1. Solved the problem that beam mode changes, power is more stable.
    2. Improved the yield, the production quantity is increased, delivery time is more short.
    3. Production engineering and product structure is more mature, production cost is lower compared to ZN Series.
    4. Reliability is better than ZN Series, price is lower than ZN Series.

Anyone that would like to offer their experience in this thread is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

They are really good....in other news though I'm getting a lot of sadly negative info back on the F180 and F220 twin resonator tubes

they seem to be detonating rather quickly.......big problems from what I have been told, 35mA and 52,000 volts is a lot for any system to manage I guess.......

Upside...I'm also involved with a project building 300 to 350 watt tubes so not all bad (and a lot of the reason I'm not around much lately)
    You did what !

I just installed a EFR ZS-1250 and have an 80w Reci in another machine next to it. I'm still aligning the mirrors and hope to have some engravings and cuttings done soon. One thing I have noticed is that the reci gives a smaller circle before the lens. The EFR tube has a larger ring but crisper and more defined. I have not put the focussing lens in to test dot size or quality of engraving. I did have to print new laser brackets because the zs tube is a fat boy compared with the f4 tube it replaced.
    Technology Teacher - Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver 40w glass tube

Hey gang,

The Fedex broker contacted me requesting a Radiation Document for this tube and sent me a PDF to fill out. We haven't heard back from the supplier yet and it looks like Chinese New Year starts on Monday, which means I may not catch them before they check out for a week and the tube will be returned. Does anyone have experience completing this form or advice?

Thanks

All you need to do is fill it out and sign. When I ordered a tube awhile back I had the same thing. Its probably more scary sounding than anything, took less than 15 minutes to complete.
    Last edited by Keith Winter; 02-05-2016 at 7:23 PM.
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

The ZN was to be my tube of choice due to it's availability here in Australia. Now I am about ready to purchase, they put the price up by $150. So I repeated my searches on Aliexpress and found it for $150 cheaper than the old price and it's stated that the nee ZS model is what will be supplied. Long story short, I'm really looking forward to your review and hoping for it to be of a positive.

Phill

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Winter View Post
    All you need to do is fill it out and sign. When I ordered a tube awhile back I had the same thing. Its probably more scary sounding than anything, took less than 15 minutes to complete.

Looks like I need an accession number.

Blog Entries
    Matt,

The accession number comes from the supplier unfortunately. If they are in China you have the long Chinese Lunar New Year celebration to compete with. I would not be surprised to have to wait till that ends. I am not sure what the first day back at work will be for most folks there. If I understand their calendars right it runs from Sunday the 7th through Feb 13 and involves a series of national and local holidays through that time. Wish I could give you more info on it. And to think we grouse about people getting Christmas off? <grin>

Xin Nian Kuai Le (Happy New Year!)

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Thanks for the response Dave. Unfortunately, I'm up against the clock and the tube will be probably be sent back unless I hear from the supplier. If it does, I'll file a chargeback with Paypal and look at another option.

10. Hi Matt
    What happened to your tube? Did it get delivered or sent back? I Have mine but am still have to buy a chiller before I can use it in my diy machine. Was really hoping to hear what you thought.
    https://www.facebook.com/phillip.bar...33543682329804
    Phill

Yes, I was finally able to sort it out and the tube was delivered. I hope to install it this weekend. BTW, it came in a box as big as a person. The Fedex driver asked me what was inside. I told him it was a mail order bride.
    Last edited by Matt McCoy; 03-08-2016 at 11:05 AM.

haha Matt!
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

13. Ha ha, hope he got a chuckle. Mine came in a nice ply box. UPS>Australian Air Express> Australia post. Will never use UPS again as it made so many stops and took 6 days. Dhl delivered my other items China-Brisbane direct in 3 days DHL>Australian Air Express> Australia post. Cant fire it yet as I still need the chiller. Fingers crossed for both of us.

12799087_961171353918549_6278155294903101596_n.jpg12573716_1663626433876882_5184825290177941961_n.jpg12552599_1663626473876878_6201267154863376365_n.jpg

Phill: Did you build that laser?

15. Hi Matt
    Yes i did build it. It has taken me a couple of months thanks to Christmas, a tight budget and compulsive procrastination. I'm just in need of a chiller and I'm cutting which will be good as I have preorder customers waiting eagerly.