Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Long overdue updated shop tour...

Few more general additions and changes were to move the drill press to the spot where the scroll saw was by the cyclone. That made way for the mill to be whre the drill press was. I never use the scroll saw so I gave it to a friend.

I also added 10 - 4' led lights. Some were to replace dead flourscents and some were to add light for the lathes, mill and general lighting. I love the led's.

General pics...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mighty nice shop Terry!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

80 degrees in the shop! You won’t be able to hold tight tolerances at that temp!

Looking good. Metal working is a great addition to any shop, I wouldn’t want to be without mine.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Mighty nice shop Terry!
    Fred
    Thanks Fred!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    80 degrees in the shop! You won’t be able to hold tight tolerances at that temp!

Looking good. Metal working is a great addition to any shop, I wouldn’t want to be without mine.
    Hi Bruce! How have you been?

I knew someone was going to pick up on that. I did these pics a couple of weeks ago when the temp was nearing the surface of the sun. I had all the doors and windows open for a prolonged session with the back pack blower and the A/C had not recovered. lol... Feeling pretty pampered to even have A/C in the shop in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I’m doing good. LOML & I got home yesterday from a week in Denver. We must’ve walked a 100 miles through museums, stadiums & Molly Brown’s mansion. We had a good time but the smoke from the fires out west was bad.

I hear ya on the high temps. We had a long spell in the mid to upper 90’s with a week of 100-103 here. It made it unbearable to be in the shop. My little swamp cooler does pretty good if the outside temp is less than 85. It’s starting to cool down a little – I hope!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    I’m doing good. LOML & I got home yesterday from a week in Denver. We must’ve walked a 100 miles through museums, stadiums & Molly Brown’s mansion. We had a good time but the smoke from the fires out west was bad.

I hear ya on the high temps. We had a long spell in the mid to upper 90’s with a week of 100-103 here. It made it unbearable to be in the shop. My little swamp cooler does pretty good if the outside temp is less than 85. It’s starting to cool down a little – I hope!
    Sounds like fun except for the smoke. Those fires are a very bad deal. Cheryl and I recently vacationed for the day at Grizzly in Springfield. Man, I love that woman. I did take her out to lunch.

I have an 18k btu window unit in the wall. It does a really nice job. Shop has a ton of insulation. The shop stays in the mid to upper 70's even on the hottest days if I keep the doors closed.

So far I've really enjoyed the mill and lathes. Sure wish I'd started this metalworking adventure a little sooner. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to live long enough to learn this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Awesome shop and great videos! I need cooler hobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Baker View Post
    Awesome shop and great videos! I need cooler hobbies.
    Thanks Carl! My wife says my hobby is hobbies. Suppose she's got me there. lol...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]