Thread: You realize you are old when...

You realize you are old when...

rather than go out, you would rather stay home on New Year's Eve slicing up sheets of sandpaper into usable pieces for the next projects. 500 channels, nothing on I want to see. Gotta be done sometime so I'm streaming the Beatles on Spotify and filling the sandpaper trays.

Happy New Year to all the Creekers who take the time to teach us to be safer, more creative and better woodworkers! Greatly appreciated!

John

Just hanging out at home with the love of my life watching a little football. Perfect New Year's Eve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love it--how much H.P. by the way. Careful--may be an impending disaster!

Just chilling at home with the wife and pets too. Laid back end to a hectic year, I'll take it. Besides, I got everything I need here. Happy New Year folks, hope the next is better than the last, and the one after that better yet.

Jon

Whatcha mean nothing on!!! Alabama and Michigan State. Roll Tide.

When sitting in a room with a 90 yo mother-in-law, the LOML and my daughter who kindly stayed a couple of extra days to be with us, I was WAY outvoted when it came to football (I did get to watch the Duke basketball game)! The safest option was a quiet retreat to the shop. Now I have sandpaper ready for the next 6 months, 3 happy ladies and a movie date with my daughter this afternoon. Worked for me!

The safest option was a quiet retreat to the shop.
    Nothing in life is better than three happy ladies! Hey, maybe you need a TV in the shop. I put one in my shop but it is only connected to a DVD player and to WiFi for YouTube.

I personally don't watch TV but for some reason there are 4 in the house connected to cable so I've never heard a conflict voiced. Last time I watched was about 9 years ago and this was on:

nothing_good.jpg

I checked a couple of years ago and it was still on.

JKJ