Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What did you get for Christmas?

Pneumonia.

I already have at least one of every tool Thompson sells so I thought I'd try something else. Not as much fun.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Pneumonia.

I already have at least one of every tool Thompson sells so I thought I'd try something else. Not as much fun.

JKJ
    Try D-Ways 1/2" parabolic cobalt. I just got a second one. Great medium size finishing tool.
    Member Illiana Woodturners

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Pneumonia.

JKJ
    Hope you are getting better, only had that once and never want it again.

I was fortunate enough to get a One-Way Talon chuck, along with a set of jumbo jaws.
    Len

Not specifically for Christmas, but the week before I traded some wood for an old Delta 1460 lathe. It's in great shape, too. First lathe. I need to make space for it and then sharpen the chisels so I can learn how to use it.

23677288431_7827c641d4_b.jpg

got myself a PM 3520B!

I got a Dust Right lathe dust collector system, and a 2HP VFD and 3ph motor for my mill/drill.

Crown PM Roughing gauge, the Henry Studley book, Turning with Richard Raffin and Workbenches by Chris Schwartz. Also a Lee valley tool roll.
    Don

My son and his girlfriend announced their engagement! We ADORE her and could not be happier for them! As for tools, the LOML gave me a Kreg band saw fence with the resaw kit and a Wood Slicer resaw blade, my daughter gave me an intro to glass blowing class we'll take together (can't wait to see how much that hobby will cost me!) and I bought the family a Gizmo from JT Tools but oddly, I am the only woodworker. Santa could take all the tools back as long as we get to keep the new DIL and the time with my daughter!

Happy New Year!
    John
    Last edited by john snowdon; 12-31-2015 at 8:28 AM.