Page 116 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1768

Thread: Glowforge release

Well he does admit to possibly moving the head with power on, that would screw with the positioning on a non-encoder system.
    As for "waiting for the program to finish loading", why is the print button active before its is completely ready to print - that is just a dumb bit of design that is asking for trouble.
    Trotec Speedy 300 50W
    Gantry CNC Router/Engraver
    Various softwares
    Always keen to try something new

Please don't steal - the government hates competition

My Gravograph LS900, from the moment the screen shows it's loading data (via parallel port), I can start lasering. Actually, all of my Gravo/New Hermes equipment will run before the job data is fully uploaded.

My Triumph and GCC won't show a new job until it's fully loaded up.

All depends on the maker I suppose, and it seems the GF lets you run while uploading. Even though the machine instruction data is digital, it's loaded and used analogously, shouldn't be a problem. It's not with my machines...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I present to you, a competitor. Seriously, I feel strange after watching this.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...r-and-engraver

Can we just use "GF" to refer to either/both of them?
    The sense of deja vu is pretty much overwhelming.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

The Deja Vu I got came after looking at that 'inner artist' photo + "Beambox": Batman's Edward Nygma and his 'Box' to beam brainwaves...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Maybe I'm reading that wrong...but the price seems a bit high for what seems to be coming out of China of late that power range. I could be wrong.

remember about 20 pages back I mentioned a new machine the same as the glowforge......
    You did what !

Both machines are conveniently water cooled and I am assuming something like a car radiator transfers heat into the room. The Pro can work all day long doing those jobs... until it overheats. At least they include a air pump, exhaust fan and "free" hose to ventilate fumes outside. I think this machine has a better chance than the GF, it does look to be designed as a laser, not 3D printer and its local control not cloud.
    Last edited by Bill George; 05-31-2018 at 8:13 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Made in Taiwan so hopefully build quality should be better than typical Chinese machines, not as good as LaserPro but seems like it could be a legit contender in the Hobbyist market, I would buy it over GF just because the marketing seems more honest and straight forward, (not calling it a 3d printer!) and pricing seems a bit better. That video though, trying a bit to hard to look like apple or something.
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.

Yes a better chance than the GF and aimed at the creative/hobby market.

What I liked when reading the 'about us' stuff, is Beambox makers seem to be okay with building and marketing their version of a 'mouse trap' and actually calling it a mousetrap, rather than trying to convince everyone they've invented something better than a mousetrap and marketing it as a fully automated vermin prison...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    What I liked when reading the 'about us' stuff, is Beambox makers seem to be okay with building and marketing their version of a 'mouse trap' and actually calling it a mousetrap, rather than trying to convince everyone they've invented something better than a mousetrap and marketing it as a fully automated vermin prison...
    Yeah, but there's still a very strong "just push a button, no artistic talent required" vibe.

The tech world is full of people who think they're special because they came up with a new way to automate the easiest 5% of task X.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    If we only had a like button!
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.

Frankly I think it will go. A lot of Creative people really do not care about the details, just let me design and show me the "Start" button. No BS about special materials, no BS (maybe a little) about how it works and tube life.

getting back to the GF Ive been reading about a lot of unhappy campers wondering why their GF stops running every day its over 75 in the house LOL Did this one have close loop cooling like the GF ?
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander