Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
The question really wasn't whether you would talk someone out of a GF if that's what they really wanted, it was more one of would you actively steer them toward it if they'd never heard of it.

There's a Rockler in the DFW area (Arlington) that might have the new-gen FS machine set up for demo.
I apologize. I didn't pass along that I don't actively steer anyone towards one product over another. When asked, I usually provide what I consider the best options, and if a GF suits what they're looking for, then I would include it. I hope that answer will do.

Do you mean the Muse? I haven't seen one yet, but will take a look, when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henry3424 View Post
I think the topic of International warranty has come up a few times in the GF forum and the official reply was that International DOAs would be replaced at no cost (shipping either way or the cost of replacement unit) to the owner but for warranty replacements or repairs down the road, the user would have to pay shipping. Many EU users paid $1k for shipping so maybe that's where that amount came from. I'm not sure if the owner has to pay shipping both ways or not. Some (all?) EU countries require that shipping costs for warranties be borne by the seller, but GF has been silent on whether or not they will comply with that policy if it does exist.

FWIW, GF has replaced at least 115 units since September 2017 and the number may be quite a bit higher.
Thanks for the info.