Page 117 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1768

Thread: Glowforge release

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    getting back to the GF Ive been reading about a lot of unhappy campers wondering why their GF stops running every day its over 75 in the house LOL Did this one have close loop cooling like the GF ?
    Most of the Chinese machines have no shut off, so like yours overheating it will damage the tube. A closed loop water system can never cool the water below the room temperature even with a good radiator or a bucket. That is why I invested in a chiller.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

yea no kidding those GF with the close loop will never run in hot weather, it was 111 at my house today 82 inside and my rabbit ran a good part of the day no problem, water temp 66 to 72 then add more Ice LOL -
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I see they have more problems then we have here and no phone support. Email or forum and with Email they say it may take 3 days to respond

I read on the GF FB page were this guys says he cut 15 letters out of 1/2" BB with his 35 watt GF, the sign is 8' long letters look to be somewhere around 8 to 12". I wonder why anyone would even try this, I think it would take hours for each letter. I would have made a stencil and used a jig or scrollsaw for something like this.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I read on the GF FB page were this guys says he cut 15 letters out of 1/2" BB with his 35 watt GF...
    A 35W DC machine cutting 1/2" BB? Is that even possible?
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    A 35W DC machine cutting 1/2" BB? Is that even possible?
    With enough time and enough passes, sure. The charcoal edges would look really nice too!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    With enough time and enough passes, sure. The charcoal edges would look really nice too!
    Cycle time measured with a sundial as well
    You did what !

He made two signs for a pub. One is BB and the other is acrylic with LED. There are pics/video in the FB group, if you're curious how they turned out.

Oh Humm, things we do everyday with our not famous laser engravers are accepted as miracles on the GF.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    Cycle time measured with a sundial as well
    If you have the sun available then the process would be sped up significantly if you used the laser to burn a line on the wood then a big magnifying glass to do the actual cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert McMahan View Post
    This is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Bert McMahan View Post
    and I bet it won't shut down when the temp is over 70*

--And it's an actual 3D printer! From 7 years ago! And it WORKS!

(but I"m still wondering why he dragged the thing that last 50' across the sand when it would've been much easier to just move the camera)
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    --And it's an actual 3D printer! From 7 years ago! And it WORKS!

(but I"m still wondering why he dragged the thing that last 50' across the sand when it would've been much easier to just move the camera)
    Or back the suv up to where he wanted it