Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
...I closed my own support forums is being "Spooky the laser guy" filled my email up with literally thousands of emails a week from users...
Not the same as consulting with industry professionals and offering a "pretty easy calculation fix". Probably won't require thousands of emails a week.

...Now if they had taken a recent opportunity and hired on Vasily Basov (former CLC Laser Scientist) or Shaol Ezikiel (adjunct professor of Laser Physics at Tel Aviv University)
I'm not familiar with those gentlemen, but I'm sure they're brilliant. My question would be to what capacity they were involved in the development of Epilog, Trotec, Universal, Weike, Rabbit, and the many other dozens of popular lasers. Also, is it actually "Shaoul Ezekiel"? I couldn't find any info under your spelling, but it could just be me. If so, it looks like Professor Ezekiel sadly hasn't been with us for a couple years and may not of been much help to GF. My apologies if I have that wrong.

Their staff profile overall reads like a company set up to sell stuff rather than understand or support the stuff they...
They were able to make a laser engraver/cutter with which folks can operate to make some pretty cool projects and continue to offer improvements as well. Support requests are generally met, solved, addressed, put in the hopper, and closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
I can well believe they are "still working" on the firmware.
I believe they have said as much. Still in Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
Have they acknowledged that a 1/4" offset is a bug and that they're working on it?
Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
I can't find the exact post but there are many posts that say 1/4 is acceptable. I have seen pics where there are targets and the center ones is pretty close but the outer ones are way off
Yes, as you have said. With so many posts, hopefully you'll be able to find that.