Page 102 of 118 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1768

Thread: Glowforge release

The lid and interlock is the Big Red Button.
    Not if you want any hope of getting through EU customs it isn't
    You did what !

2. Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    weird, I used the "insert video" option on the page here, and what shows up on my computer is this…
    Even if pics are turned off in the 'Creek settings, I would think the link would still appear, but maybe not?
    Strange indeed. I have images turned on, and I see the images in your post (and others), just not the video. This is what it looks like to me:

novideo.png

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    I would lift the lid (laser turns off), blow out or spritz flame, continue with the project.

If this was the same someone I saw, he was cutting several layers of paper he had taped together.
    No he was cutting wood

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    Not if you want any hope of getting through EU customs it isn't
    Beg to differ Dave, thats how Trotec works - lift the lid and it stops.
    Trotec Speedy 300 50W
    Gantry CNC Router/Engraver
    Various softwares
    Always keen to try something new

Please don't steal - the government hates competition

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Morris View Post
    Beg to differ Dave, thats how Trotec works - lift the lid and it stops.
    Doesn't it also have a STOP button?
    Last edited by Bill George; 01-29-2018 at 10:20 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    All of mine do, a stop button may or may not need to be raised such as an e-stop but an interlock is not usually a means of stopping a machine that the HSE will accept without another means .
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    I don't know about the rest of the models, but my Speedy 400 has a big red stop button.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    I saw the video in both posts. I did see where someone was wondering where the BIG RED button was as he had a fire in his unit.
    Here's the post I assume Jerome is referring to, from a FB Glowforge group. It does look like they were cutting cardboard, not wood.

glowforge-fire.jpg

What a Joy to have everything controlled by GF and the cloud. seems like lots of people today are haveing this trouble

When I signed into Glowforge today it's a totally different page and I can't find the dashboard to get to my designs. Is it just me?

If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    I don't know about the rest of the models, but my Speedy 400 has a big red stop button.
    My 300 does as well Gaz
    You did what !

One Speedy 300 as delivered - no big red button and the manual only refers to opening the lid which will stop motion and switch off laser immediately.

IMG_20180131_144847901_HDR.jpg
    Trotec Speedy 300 50W
    Gantry CNC Router/Engraver
    Various softwares
    Always keen to try something new

Please don't steal - the government hates competition

There's a stop on the CP Steve, the glowforge doesn't have one
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    There's a stop on the CP Steve, the glowforge doesn't have one
    It looks like it is in the hopper and can be activated via a future update.

14. Looks like Glowforge is planning to ramp up the marketing, including doubling down on the nonsense "3D laser printer" terminology. Just saw this press release: https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...-GlowforgeŠ-3D

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Glowforge, the Seattle-based creator of the iconic 3D laser printer, has announced that Michelle Mares has joined the company as Head of Marketing. Mares joins the company from Nordstrom Rack, where she served as Director of Marketing. Previously, she spent eight years in the video games industry leading consumer marketing efforts for both Xbox LIVE and Nintendo, including the award-winning “Wii would like to play” campaign for the launch of the Nintendo Wii.

“When I first heard about Glowforge and the consumer excitement generated through their crowdfunding campaign, and then saw the amazing things Glowforge customers are creating and sharing organically every day, I knew this product was something I wanted to be involved in,” said Mares. “It’s a marketer’s dream to work on disruptive technology that delights customers and fuels people’s creativity. The 3D laser consumer space is currently unchartered territory and Glowforge is clearly leading the way.”

Disruptive Market? That's funny. I have yet to see one thing it does that none of our lasers will do. In order to be disruptive, you'd have to do something no one else's lasers can do.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.