Page 104 of 118 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1768

Thread: Glowforge release

The problems and complaints are many theres more places to look then just the GF users forum. Those post are heavily monitored and not matter what anyone says you always have those that will make excuses and find way to make it look not so bad MattI'm beginning to think You back the GF no matter what, no matter how bad it gets. In my book its already gone way beyond what anyone should accept.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Come on guys, don't be so hard on them. I mean it ran this job in a earth shattering 2 1/2 hours, and then when he went to recut it because it didn't cut all the way through after 2 1/2 hours, it missed recutting by 3/8". What's the big deal? I mean he could sell it for twice what he paid for it, right?

2 1/2 hours for that? Not sure how anyone can spin that one into a positive. I guess that's more of that "Market Disrupter" stuff they are doing.

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 6.57.18 PM.jpg
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    ...international shipments are still to far off to say that they will actually ship...
    You might take another look at my post you quoted in your reply (March 1st and 14th).

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    The problems and complaints are many theres more places to look then just the GF users forum. Those post are heavily monitored and not matter what anyone says you always have those that will make excuses and find way to make it look not so bad MattI'm beginning to think You back the GF no matter what, no matter how bad it gets. In my book its already gone way beyond what anyone should accept.
    I'm guessing you probably mean "moderated". I still have not seen anyone that makes this claim back that up with any evidence here. The largest GF FB group seems to be pretty happy with their machines overall and cranking out some interesting projects. GF has no moderation there.

On the contrary, I have shared my critiques here on the blurry line concerning shipping/delays, the wordsmithing of "shipping", the retail pricepoint, and a few other odds and ends. Can you point me to anything you have ever posted that is impartial or objective about the GF? If you can't, it's likely you are the one that is biased and just aren't aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    You might take another look at my post you quoted in your reply (March 1st and 14th).

I'm guessing you probably mean "moderated". I still have not seen anyone that makes this claim back that up with any evidence here. The largest GF FB group seems to be pretty happy with their machines overall and cranking out some interesting projects. GF has no moderation there.

On the contrary, I have shared my critiques here on the blurry line concerning shipping/delays, the wordsmithing of "shipping", the retail pricepoint, and a few other odds and ends. Can you point me to anything you have ever posted that is impartial or objective about the GF? If you can't, it's likely you are the one that is biased and just aren't aware of it.
    Has any international buyer actually got the email that wants the address to ship. They claim that they are to be getting that email in March

Blog Entries
    Posting that you got an email with some vague future shipping date that keeps slipping? ALL US users HAVE NOT RECEIVED their units...... Email is NOT getting your machine. Come on! This is so a failed machine..... I laughed the other day when I saw a post lamenting a guy not being able to get a call, let alone an offer on a machine he was selling on Craig's list! Sorry, too bad. I wouldn't pay a nickel just to play with one. Oh, my internet would be an issue. Dang it! guess I could just look at it an hope it would work.... NOT
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    Has any international buyer actually got the email that wants the address to ship. They claim that they are to be getting that email in March
    If you can wait 12 days, we will find out.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    Posting that you got an email with some vague future shipping date that keeps slipping? ALL US users HAVE NOT RECEIVED their units...... Email is NOT getting your machine. Come on! This is so a failed machine..... I laughed the other day when I saw a post lamenting a guy not being able to get a call, let alone an offer on a machine he was selling on Craig's list! Sorry, too bad. I wouldn't pay a nickel just to play with one. Oh, my internet would be an issue. Dang it! guess I could just look at it an hope it would work.... NOT
    GF is shipping units outside of the 30 day campaign, at this point. They announced real-time production coming soon. Machines are arriving in about a week after receiving the shipping email.

Blog Entries
    As of last update, the first of Feb, you are wrong, "most" have shipped. Zero international and none outside the first thirty days initial sales. Maybe they mixed up and sent some later ones out? What does real time mean? Nothing. They can't even update their web page to Change from offering preorders... Amazing 3d printer.... Bull
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    ...you are wrong...none outside the first thirty days initial sales..."
    From the GF forum:

"I ordered my pro unit on 1 September 2016 and received it a few days ago. So they are well beyond the initial 30 day orders from 2015."

"We just received our Pro and ordered around January 2017. It arrived just as I’m heading out of town - will have to wait an extra week to get it set up! Super excited though!"

"I switched to the Pro just before the price increase and it arrived today in good order…"

Dan S: "Pro production has been flying lately - it’s possible we did hit a milestone and forget to update; I’ll check."

"Holy cow this is a pretty machine! I feel lucky to only have waited 15 months "

The banner at the top:

"We’ve sent shipping emails for all US orders placed during the 30-Day Campaign. International and real time orders are coming soon."

From the web
    "“I ordered mine 10/14/2015 and I just got an email this morning saying I can expect it on 02/14/2018 and may 2018 for the air cooler,” one customer wrote. “I just feel like crying.”
    “Sad news for some international backers,” Shapiro also noted that customers who ordered from 20 international countries won’t be receiving their product."
    "We’ve been processing reports from our consultants this week about international compliance, and we have some unfortunate news,” he wrote. “There are 20 countries we will not be able to deliver to for legal or logistical reasons. We’ve sent an email to everyone affected already to arrange for a refund.”
    So all these people have had their money tied up for well over 2 years and now they get squat.So you think he'll refund with interest that they lost
    Any smart person would have checked to see if they could sell in all these countries befor he took money from them. And how much money was it? there was so much bragging about the biggest crowdfunding campaign in history. Well maybe thats a big of farce as a 3D Printer
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 02-17-2018 at 11:58 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

From the GF forum:

"Holy cow this is a pretty machine! I feel lucky to only have waited 15 months "
    Which of course is the most important criteria when buying a laser cutter (sorry, 3D laser printer)
    G. Weike LG900N 100W RECI RDWorks V8
    Leiming LM2513FL 1kW Raycus fiber laser cutter
    Wisely 50W Raycus engraver

I hadn't seen that Bert. That's pretty big news. 20 countries that aren't getting their machines? I'd like to see a list of the countries. I can't find the post you posted, so I'm not sure if there was more information.

I saw a fantastic question by an international customer with a horrible answer. The customer said, with all the GF's that are arriving damaged or work for a week or a short time, and then stop working, who's responsible for shipping the machine back under warranty claims. The customer noted it would cost them $1,000 if they had to ship a defective machine back and forth. GF chimed in and said if it arrived damaged, it was insured, but if it stopped working under the warranty period, then the customer was responsible for shipping it back to them, and then the shipping back to the customer. So you can send me a machine that breaks 1 day, 1 week, or 1 month into me owning it, and I have to spend $1,000 to ship it back and forth to be fixed?

That's nuts.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Blog Entries
    From the GF forum:

"I ordered my pro unit on 1 September 2016 and received it a few days ago. So they are well beyond the initial 30 day orders from 2015."

"We just received our Pro and ordered around January 2017. It arrived just as I’m heading out of town - will have to wait an extra week to get it set up! Super excited though!"

"I switched to the Pro just before the price increase and it arrived today in good order…"

Dan S: "Pro production has been flying lately - it’s possible we did hit a milestone and forget to update; I’ll check."

The banner at the top:

"We’ve sent shipping emails for all US orders placed during the 30-Day Campaign. International and real time orders are coming soon."

This is NOT a SHIPMENT.
    IT IS ONLY AN EMAIL SAYING IT WILL SHIP SOMEDAY IN THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!

And even it it were true, they still have thousands that they haven't shipped for over two years!!!!

SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

They can get away with that because they are US based. If they were based in an EU country and sold to a customer within EU, then it would be in breach of EU consumer protections laws. If the product is not working and under warranty, the mfg. has to pay the cost to return the item if that is required in order to repair it. Mind you - it might be EU countries that they cannot ship to. Wouldn't surprise me.

Why anyone outside US would buy under those T&C's is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    "We’ve been processing reports from our consultants this week about international compliance, and we have some unfortunate news,” he wrote. “There are 20 countries we will not be able to deliver to for legal or logistical reasons. We’ve sent an email to everyone affected already to arrange for a refund.
    This is the next sentence, which is absent in your quote:

"While it only affects a small number of customers, we feel terrible about it."

Further down:

"This change impacts only a tiny handful that have already been notified directly."

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Henriksen View Post
    Which of course is the most important criteria when buying a laser cutter (sorry, 3D laser printer)
    Since you don't have any info to add and have zeroed in on some minutiae at the expense of the overall point, I'll guess you're just going out of your way to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    I hadn't seen that Bert. That's pretty big news. 20 countries that aren't getting their machines? I'd like to see a list of the countries. I can't find the post you posted, so I'm not sure if there was more information.

I saw a fantastic question by an international customer with a horrible answer. The customer said, with all the GF's that are arriving damaged or work for a week or a short time, and then stop working, who's responsible for shipping the machine back under warranty claims. The customer noted it would cost them $1,000 if they had to ship a defective machine back and forth. GF chimed in and said if it arrived damaged, it was insured, but if it stopped working under the warranty period, then the customer was responsible for shipping it back to them, and then the shipping back to the customer. So you can send me a machine that breaks 1 day, 1 week, or 1 month into me owning it, and I have to spend $1,000 to ship it back and forth to be fixed?

That's nuts.
    Here are the 20 countries:

Angola
    Argentina
    Barbados
    Brazil
    Cambodia
    Chile
    China
    Colombia
    India
    Indonesia
    Kenya
    Malaysia
    Mauritius
    Nigeria
    Peru
    Philippines
    Russian Federation
    South Africa
    Sri Lanka
    Ukraine

What kind of warranty does one get on a Chinese direct import? How much to send back a crate to China for warranty repair? I believe these are rhetorical questions.

Looks like EU countries are a go then. Let's hope the machines don't break after a week...