Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104
Results 1,546 to 1,551 of 1551

Thread: Glowforge release

The problems and complaints are many theres more places to look then just the GF users forum. Those post are heavily monitored and not matter what anyone says you always have those that will make excuses and find way to make it look not so bad MattI'm beginning to think You back the GF no matter what, no matter how bad it gets. In my book its already gone way beyond what anyone should accept.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Come on guys, don't be so hard on them. I mean it ran this job in a earth shattering 2 1/2 hours, and then when he went to recut it because it didn't cut all the way through after 2 1/2 hours, it missed recutting by 3/8". What's the big deal? I mean he could sell it for twice what he paid for it, right?

2 1/2 hours for that? Not sure how anyone can spin that one into a positive. I guess that's more of that "Market Disrupter" stuff they are doing.

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 6.57.18 PM.jpg
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Universal PLS4.60 with Rotary Attachment
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer,
    Ricoh Dye Sublimation Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    ...international shipments are still to far off to say that they will actually ship...
    You might take another look at my post you quoted in your reply (March 1st and 14th).

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    The problems and complaints are many theres more places to look then just the GF users forum. Those post are heavily monitored and not matter what anyone says you always have those that will make excuses and find way to make it look not so bad MattI'm beginning to think You back the GF no matter what, no matter how bad it gets. In my book its already gone way beyond what anyone should accept.
    I'm guessing you probably mean "moderated". I still have not seen anyone that makes this claim back that up with any evidence here. The largest GF FB group seems to be pretty happy with their machines overall and cranking out some interesting projects. GF has no moderation there.

On the contrary, I have shared my critiques here on the blurry line concerning shipping/delays, the wordsmithing of "shipping", the retail pricepoint, and a few other odds and ends. Can you point me to anything you have ever posted that is impartial or objective about the GF? If you can't, it's likely you are the one that is biased and just aren't aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    You might take another look at my post you quoted in your reply (March 1st and 14th).

I'm guessing you probably mean "moderated". I still have not seen anyone that makes this claim back that up with any evidence here. The largest GF FB group seems to be pretty happy with their machines overall and cranking out some interesting projects. GF has no moderation there.

On the contrary, I have shared my critiques here on the blurry line concerning shipping/delays, the wordsmithing of "shipping", the retail pricepoint, and a few other odds and ends. Can you point me to anything you have ever posted that is impartial or objective about the GF? If you can't, it's likely you are the one that is biased and just aren't aware of it.
    Has any international buyer actually got the email that wants the address to ship. They claim that they are to be getting that email in March

Posting that you got an email with some vague future shipping date that keeps slipping? ALL US users HAVE NOT RECEIVED their units...... Email is NOT getting your machine. Come on! This is so a failed machine..... I laughed the other day when I saw a post lamenting a guy not being able to get a call, let alone an offer on a machine he was selling on Craig's list! Sorry, too bad. I wouldn't pay a nickel just to play with one. Oh, my internet would be an issue. Dang it! guess I could just look at it an hope it would work.... NOT
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser
    Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws

RIA 22TCM 1911s

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    Has any international buyer actually got the email that wants the address to ship. They claim that they are to be getting that email in March
    If you can wait 12 days, we will find out.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    Posting that you got an email with some vague future shipping date that keeps slipping? ALL US users HAVE NOT RECEIVED their units...... Email is NOT getting your machine. Come on! This is so a failed machine..... I laughed the other day when I saw a post lamenting a guy not being able to get a call, let alone an offer on a machine he was selling on Craig's list! Sorry, too bad. I wouldn't pay a nickel just to play with one. Oh, my internet would be an issue. Dang it! guess I could just look at it an hope it would work.... NOT
    GF is shipping units outside of the 30 day campaign, at this point. They announced real-time production coming soon. Machines are arriving in about a week after receiving the shipping email.