Page 99 of 118 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1768

Thread: Glowforge release

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    and make sure it has A/C or the GF won't work...
    Do you need air conditioning today maybe a little heat

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    Do you need air conditioning today maybe a little heat
    That would require actually having one now - smart money is on the summer months... Actually, the smart money is nowhere near GF.

Thanks now I know

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Henriksen View Post
    Because they are waiting for the first 3D laser printer the World has ever seen and know it will change their lives forever because of all the fantastic things they can make with it
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

It begins... someone has listed a glowforge on eb@y for about $5k... doesn't say anything about it, only gives links to glowforge's website for specs, warranty, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Monaghan View Post
    It begins... someone has listed a glowforge on eb@y for about $5k... doesn't say anything about it, only gives links to glowforge's website for specs, warranty, etc.
    Heh. I'm almost afraid to ask if the warranty is even transferable...
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Interesting that for the last couple of years, there's been a monthly update that's been pretty timely. January 2018? Nothing, unless they have changed the way they do those. They used to post an update every month, now, the last update is listed as December, which was at the beginning of December.

I don't follow it enough to know, they may have changed the way they do updates, but they don't appear to be doing them the same way, or either there's been no update.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I haven't seen any updates lately. I wouldn't put to much into their warranty as it starts the day they ship it and I thought that I read it is not transferable. Still no shipping outside of the US and have seen 2 Canadians that had them shipped to a US address and picked them up and had to have them replaced. They did say that they had to pay import tax and some other money for this. I wonder what happens when they have to pick their replacement up do they have any way to prove that they payed for it before. Glowforge still hasn't fixed the alignment problem and I see a lot of problems of not cutting through using their Proof grade material. One thought on that is that the material isn't perfectly flat. They are saying that even a piece of paper under one side will cause it not to cut through. Another big problem is temp. I like how you have to store the shipping box for returns What do people do when they don't have a place to store it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    I haven't seen any updates lately. I wouldn't put to much into their warranty as it starts the day they ship it and I thought that I read it is not transferable...
    Good morning: Ownership and the base warranty are both transferable, if anyone is interested in the correct info.

https://community.glowforge.com/t/gf...n-ebay/13943/9

9. It's interesting how the GF KA Kids are so quick to find excuses for any failure in the unit or the software. Stuff like not waiting long enough for the unit to cool down, the material not being flat enough, or not properly centering the head before starting.

Oh yeah, and don't try to cut engrave in the lower right corner or you will lose steps.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, 79 degrees, 20 min Engraving and 15minutes of cooling time added in the middle in three steps. Fail... Again. Just wait till it actually gets hot.

Prrofgrade not cutting if it is a thousandth out of flat? Wow. No extra power eh?
    Last edited by John Lifer; 01-22-2018 at 5:55 PM.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henry3424 View Post
    It's interesting how the GF KA Kids are so quick to find excuses for any failure in the unit or the software. Stuff like not waiting long enough for the unit to cool down, the material not being flat enough, or not properly centering the head before starting.

Oh yeah, and don't try to cut engrave in the lower right corner or you will lose steps.
    1: When reality doesn't meet expectation, lower expectation
    2: Rinse, repeat
    You did what !

oh and the files are to big so split files Duh
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

And when you do split the files you can see the lines where they join. Maybe that is a positive for them though

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    Yeah, 79 degrees, 20 min Engraving and 15minutes of cooling time added in the middle in three steps. Fail... Again. Just wait till it actually gets hot.

Proof grade not cutting if it is a thousandth out of flat? Wow. No extra power eh?
    Those are brand new tubes, wait until they have a few hours/days of usage, especially since they are running at not ideal temperatures. So how long is the tube warranty?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

its just amazing to read all the problems these people are having and then see how they justify it.I'm kinda in the same boat. I just bought a new item along with a few hundred others. We paid $500 for this item and it has problems. Well mine has gone back twice now to the factory for repairs, but others that have the same problems are making excuses saying thing like oh it needs breaking in or maybe a little oil here and there will help. Sorry it should work right out of the box and if it doesn't I send it back.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander