Page 103 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1768

Thread: Glowforge release

1. Yeah I thought that line "The 3D laser consumer space is currently unchartered territory" was especially funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Disruptive Market? That's funny. I have yet to see one thing it does that none of our lasers will do. In order to be disruptive, you'd have to do something no one else's lasers can do.
    I consider shutting down in warm weather to be rather disruptive - none of my machines have that feature....
    G. Weike LG900N 100W RECI RDWorks V8
    Leiming LM2513FL 1kW Raycus fiber laser cutter
    Wisely 50W Raycus engraver

Disruptive Market? That's funny. I have yet to see one thing it does that none of our lasers will do. In order to be disruptive, you'd have to do something no one else's lasers can do.
    It can routinely offset an image by roughly 1/4 of an inch
    It can shut down totally when it reaches warm room temperature

None of mine can do that, I'm impressed

Iconic 3D laser printer
    bwahahahahahahahaha
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel P. Jones View Post
    Yeah I thought that line "The 3D laser consumer space is currently unchartered territory" was especially funny.
    So is a minefield full of bounding mines, I don't think I wan't to be playing Twister in one of those either though
    You did what !

Not necessarily an accurate definition of "disruptive technology".

When she says that the 3D laser consumer space is currently uncharted territory and Glowforge is leading the way. What is she talking about do they do some magic that no other laser does. Oh yeah just thought of the magic it was to get thousands of people to fall for their line of half truths. So far there is no feature that they claimed that is 100% correct.

Paint by number sets didn't disrupt the business of fine artists. Same principle.

It doesn't count as "disruptive technology" if it's operating in a market niche that didn't previously exist ("currently uncharted territory"): there's nothing to disrupt. Making established tech more user-friendly (not that I think GF does that) doesn't cut it either.

The normal definition of disruptive technology is something new that does something old in a way that makes the old implementation (semi-)obsolete. The best current example I can come up with is the Kindle et al.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

, Glowforge uses lasers to print products out of durable and beautiful materials like wood, leather, acrylic, paper and fabric. A sleek and efficient design makes this industrial-grade technology beautiful and affordable, and a friendly cloud-based app makes it easy to create amazing things with Glowforge.

I never considered a sheet of acrylic, or a side of leather Beautiful, or do I think 4 to 8000 dollars Affordable for a 40 watt laser that shuts down at 75f and runs of that cloud that works SOMETIMES

I have also been reading were many GF users don't watch their jobs. They think its safe to let it run while working with acrylic, some even said they leave a kid sometime to keep an eye out.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I didn't think they could run long enough to start a fire. The safety shutdown at 75 Deg F would be the fire prevention lockout?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    I didn't think they could run long enough to start a fire. The safety shutdown at 75 Deg F would be the fire prevention lockout?
    You would hope so, but anything flammable can ignite just as easily in the first inch of cut as in the last.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Yea well the fire I had a while back the job was only a couple Min's and I was sitting right next to laser when the whole thing went up in flames. I can see a GF going up the kid watching it runs to find his mom who's in the back yard drinking beer with the neighbor ,,,, end of story

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I keep reading about all the alignment problems the GF is having also the cloud not always working. You would think that buy now they would have these things fixed. Also people still getting delayed shipping emails , and still they make excuses for it
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I keep reading about all the alignment problems the GF is having also the cloud not always working. You would think that buy now they would have these things fixed. Also people still getting delayed shipping emails , and still they make excuses for it
    That might be overly dramatic.

https://community.glowforge.com/t/go...-perfect/19707

"30-Day Campaign: We’ve sent shipping emails for all US orders placed during the 30-Day Campaign. International and real time orders are coming soon."

"Just checked my order (UK) and it’s moved forward a whole day to March 14th…"

"Mine (international) is back to the 1st March! Two weeks! Getting excited!"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    That might be overly dramatic.

https://community.glowforge.com/t/go...-perfect/19707

"30-Day Campaign: We’ve sent shipping emails for all US orders placed during the 30-Day Campaign. International and real time orders are coming soon."

"Just checked my order (UK) and it’s moved forward a whole day to March 14th…"

"Mine (international) is back to the 1st March! Two weeks! Getting excited!"
    So there are 2 units that the alignment is pretty close and the international shipments are still to far off to say that they will actually ship. Have they over come the licensing issues. Also the long wait times for the jobs to render and only printing part of the design and not cutting all the way through. Also there are the heat issues that seem to be a problem for people that live in hot or cold places. Seen someone that tried to engrave a Knife and the engrave was way off but the Glowforger's that always post say maybe it head hit something they always seem to have an explanation for excuse for the problem usually it is the operator and not the machine