Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heavy Duty Concealed Hinges

Bump...
    Any followup on this thread. Im doing a pantry with inset doors with storage on doors, so need heavy duty hinges.

I'm working on the kitchen now. I'll soon order the hardware.... Mostly Blum stuff with Sugatsune hinges for the pantry doors. I just found out Sugatsune now offers a full inset hinge that just came out. That would be better than the overlay design that Sugatsune currently offers and suppliers have in stock. The upside to full inset hinges is I don't have to do a pack out for framed cabinets and inset doors. The trouble with the full inset hinges is that it's so new the suppliers have yet to list the hinges in their stock for ordering.

In the next week, I'll be placing orders for the hardware and I'll probably call the Sugatsune distributor direct and see if I can get them.

Soon well have a follow up I hope.

Thanks. I checked them out on their website. The 95deg. opening is a deal breaker for me. I want a 180 deg. Guess I will have to rethink using butt hinges.

I'm not to privy to the 95 degree hinges either. But not much choice in the matter. Customer understands the limitations. I can use 135 degree hinges or even 170 degree hinges, but these hinges have more mechanical pivots that wear out of adjustments and most of these hinges don't accommodate 1 inch thick door. Which is why I'm asking if anyone knew of a good hinge similar to Sub Zero's fully integrated refrigerator doors. I recall seeing something like this a long time ago and I might have used it. But I think even these hinges are somewhat limited in the opening... I don't know.