Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Valley Cyber Monday

You have to wake up pretty early. I missed my alarm @ 12:00am and my wife woke me at 1:00am. All the good planes were gone. I was so tempted to buy a useless bullnose plane again, just to get something. Giftcards were still available, tho...

About the only thing I really wanted was a shoot plane. Of course, these went pronto. Funny, I pretty much have everything else plane wise that they were offering! Still managed to spend $50.
    Maurice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    You have to wake up pretty early. I missed my alarm @ 12:00am and my wife woke me at 1:00am. All the good planes were gone. I was so tempted to buy a useless bullnose plane again, just to get something. Giftcards were still available, tho...
    I got up 16 minutes after midnight, 08:16am my time, everything I wanted was gone! the gift cards are a nice discount though.

Sounds like the shooting plane which is a specialty is on high demand......

I picked up the shooting plane in last year's special. There aren't many of those, and they go fast. There were quite a few good planes available this year. I've picked up a number of planes in these specials and I have yet to locate the flaw on any of them that makes them a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Baker View Post
    I picked up the shooting plane in last year's special. There aren't many of those, and they go fast. There were quite a few good planes available this year. I've picked up a number of planes in these specials and I have yet to locate the flaw on any of them that makes them a second.
    I never have either Ryan. I'm not sure that most of them aren't just regular stock that LV calls "seconds" to have something to sell on cyber monday. But like you, I've gotten good stuff in previous years. That's why I didn't need much this year. I do love my LV tools.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parkis View Post
    I grabbed a large shoulder plane and a router plane. I thought the prices were very good and I would have bought more, but there just wasn't that much that I needed. I did miss out on the RH skew rabbeting block plane.
    I ordered the same planes, Dave. I saw the RH skew block was sold out, but then checked later and it was back so I snagged it... probably got the last one. I love factory second planes, as I scratch em up in use anyways.

I fell asleep, actually. I was hoping for a jack rabbet, and indeed there were a few available, just not for folks like me who spent all Sunday raking the yard. Oh well, there's always next year.