Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Valley Cyber Monday

Lee Valley Cyber Monday

Website started working for me after several minutes. Much better than last year.
    Last edited by Frank Martin; 11-30-2015 at 1:15 AM.

What time is it supposed to begin?

Worked for me - got a $500 gift card.

Working well enough that the RH rabbet plane in my cart sold out before I could check out...mixed blessing as would have stretched the budget right now. Best of luck to the rest

C
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Worked for me too. It was not working during the first several minutes, then it was on. Got couple planes and a gift card.

Worked for me! It took about 1-2 minutes after 12am for the items to appear.

Worked for me too. But I didn't see anything on sale that I really wanted. That's a first for me. Might come back after the rush and order that Nobex Pro Miter Saw though.

Happy shopping guys!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Everything worked fine for me. I found a few planes that I needed and have a nice package coming sometime in the next week or so.

What can I say? This is the only sale of the year that I pay attention to, and from my favorite tool manufacturer. Thanks, Rob.

I don't know why, but the link to the sale is not obvious on the website. Google it and you will get a link. Got myself a couple planes I wanted. I know Rob does not like making seconds - and that they are normally sold to employees, but I am very thankful for whatever is left. There are ( or were ) about another bunch of items I wanted: the BD #6, the side rabbet plane, another router plane, the BU jack rabbet plane, the edge trimming planes, the LH skew rabbet plane and a couple others. Had I not spent my wad on a new computer (24GB Core I7-6700) I might well have bought more. Might if there is anything left in the AM.

I got myself a medium shoulder plane. Good timing since I will be building a fairly massive timber frame bed in another month or two (lots of large scale tenons). Now I just gotta hope that my parents and the MIL are going to get me Lie-Nielsen gift cards so I can pick up a rabbeting block plane as well after Christmas.

This is the best year yet BUT the plane i wanted is OUT OF STOCK. Thanks guys :P
    Veritas Scraper Plane will come some day....

Blog Entries
    Got myself a gift card, only thing left in stock that I wanted but should work out quite well !

I ordered the 20 tpi dovetail saw. During a similar sale a few years ago I bought the 14 tpi version and it was fine. Design is a bit different from conventional dovetail saws but they function fine.

I grabbed a large shoulder plane and a router plane. I thought the prices were very good and I would have bought more, but there just wasn't that much that I needed. I did miss out on the RH skew rabbeting block plane.

The shooting planes went almost instantly. Wish I could have gotten one, but only had the budget for one plane. One day...