Thread: Black Friday deal on drill press

Black Friday deal on drill press

A while back I started a thread on asking for help deciding between either the Delta 18-900L or Powermatic PM2800B drill presses. And I appreciate all the advice and comments other members gave me. I really liked the idea of a variable speed drill press but was also having a hard time spending the additional $400 for the PM2800B. And I know that a certain percentage of people have had issues with this drill press, especially the earlier non "B" model. But I decided to take a chance on it after seeing an early Black Friday deal on it on Amazon a few hours ago. CPO Outlets, through Amazon, is selling it for $1189.99 with free shipping and no tax. I know other places, like Rockler and Woodcraft are selling it this Friday for 15% off, which is what this price is, but not with free shipping. I'll post a review after I get it set up and tested. In the mean time if any of you were also thinking about buying this drill press this may be a good time to pull the trigger.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Congrats - don't think you can go wrong there and the deal makes it sweeter. Happy TG!

Thanks for the "heads up" on the Black Friday deals. I think you will be very happy with that machine.
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

Congrats John, seems like a heck of a drill press. Please give a review as soon as you can. I have a crummy drill press that I bought over 20 years ago from Tractor Supply. I avoid it at all costs. I was talking to a buddy at woodcraft yesterday and he said this drill press, compared to my crummy one, will change the way I work with my wood projects. I am sure he's correct and I really should have upgraded a long time ago. I hope to pull the trigger during the sale period during the holidays

Thanks Scott. It will be over a week before I can give a review of it though since it won't be delivered until Dec 3rd, which is after the Thanksgiving holiday sales. But who knows, they might have it on sale again for Christmas. Or you can take the plunge now like me. I don't think you'll be sorry.

I was going to purchase this through Woodcraft as they do have free shipping on it(based on an ad I got on Facebook, but I think Woodcraft charges tax. Will have to look at CPO on Amazon. What type of reviews does CPO have or did you check?