Thread: Hardware drawer dividers

Hardware drawer dividers

I came across these cabinets at an estate sale. They must be older because the metal is thick and sturdy. And the price was right, only $20 for the set of two.
    I want to use them for nuts, bolts, and other small items but I am having trouble finding compartments to fit inside. Ideally, I would like something that can be taken out and used on its own.

I am pretty sure this is a fairly common size drawer (11" x 9 1/2" x 2 1/2"). Anybody else have something similar that they found dividers for?

I was recently given this referral by Bill Adamsen in a different thread of a similar nature.

http://www.schallercorporation.com/

Actually Bill referred me to the ebay site that I don't think I can post here but I like the company site 'cause you get to see all the products and sizes available.

I'm pretty sure I will order from this company when I finish out the drawers in my new MS bench.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I store my screws, bolts, washers, nails, lags, hose clamps, etc. in an old IBM punched card cabinet. I bought two boxes of bins from Northern Tool (Sawmill site is being flakey, I cannot insert a link: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...in-accessories). Works great - I can remove them easily and they stand fine when I set them down.

When my collected "1/4" bolts < 2 inch long" exceeds the small bin, it's easy to move them into a big bin. My drawers are about 30" deep, 7" wide, and my wood screws fill 4 drawers, my bolts fill 4, nails 2, etc. Obviously I have a problem!

But I think you might have to cut the protruding label area off?

PS - mine are yellow
    Last edited by Doug Hobkirk; 11-20-2015 at 4:17 PM.
    Doug, the "Wood Loon"
    Acton, MA

72, slow road cyclist, woodworking dabbler, tool junkie , and
    bonsai enthusiast.
    Now, if I could just stay focused longer than a few weeks...

I did a search for "bin cups" and found what I think you are looking for - the only problem being that they are usually 3" tall and you only have 2-1/2" to work with. I suppose you could cut them down....
    Jon Endres
    Killing Trees Since 1983

Dandydrawers.com sells plastic bins of different sizes that use dividers. You might find something that you could make work.