Thread: iPod touch cracked screen...

iPod touch cracked screen...

I dropped my ipod onto a hard floor today and now oin the screen i see 2 vertical lines each about a 1/2 long. does this mean the screen is cracked? looking closely the screen seems to be ok.

The cracked screens that I have seen were quite visible. If the iPod still works, I wouldn't worry about it.
    You could try doing a hard reset.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Yeah most likely cracked. I had an iPhone that cracked but most of it was in a corner so I lived with it for close to 6 months(no warrantee). Gave it to friend to fix yesterday so I should be good to drop it again here in a couple days.
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last

The iPad that got cracked at our house looked like broken glass. If you have straight lines I'd suspect LCD damage. Probably not worth fixing if that's the case, but a broken screen on an iPad can be fixed in the $100 range by shops around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    The iPad that got cracked at our house looked like broken glass. If you have straight lines I'd suspect LCD damage. Probably not worth fixing if that's the case, but a broken screen on an iPad can be fixed in the $100 range by shops around here.
    yes you are right its LCD damage and not cracks in the glass screen. They want $150 to repair. Maybe I will live with it.

I dropped my iPad 2 a few weeks ago and the screen had lots of lines on it and the colors were severely messed up. The home button had been not working for 6+ months so trying to do a hard reboot without being able to see the screen was impossible. I messed with it for a few hours then gave up and bought a new one.

My daughters (11 and 9) said they wanted the old one. I told them it was a lost cause. They messed around turning it on and off for a few days and low and behold, it now works fine. The home button still doesn't work. I have no idea what they did but it worked. They also like to tell me how they fixed it when I couldnt.

So, if you can use it I'd just keep using it for a while and see what happens.

Home button problem is fairly common too and can be repaired by those independent shops. Our school has a couple with that issue in the queue to be repaired.