Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Driver Bits

Driver Bits

I am tired of using low quality bits from the BORG (eg. - DeWalt) that break or wear out with normal use. I'm looking for a good set that will work without problems arising after a few uses. Money isn't a problem as long as the quality is superb.

I have a set of Milwaukee impact duty bits that works very well.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Weha bits are supposed to be really good. I bought some a while back. They got mixed in with the rest of ours, and we don't notice the difference in them and the other, mostly Milwaukee, ones. My preference is TORX ("stardrive") whenever possible. I can't imagine anyone except professional deck builders would use them more than we do.

+1 in the Milwaukee bits. That is all I will buy anymore. They hold up exceptionally well.
    Bill R., somewhere in Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Ryall View Post
    +1 in the Milwaukee bits. That is all I will buy anymore. They hold up exceptionally well.
    +2, of course they don't last forever but they can take abuse quite well.

Blog Entries
    Go online to Amazon. They have a wide selection of vendors that sell cobalt bits. I think you can find what you want there.

I've had good luck with the Lee Valley ones.

But honestly, I've also had good luck with the Dewalts...

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    I've had good luck with the Lee Valley ones.

But honestly, I've also had good luck with the Dewalts...
    Some of the Dewalts have been great, some junk. Probably switched suppliers.
    So far not seen any issues with Milwaukee.

Wiha has been great and so have the various industrial grades from my local tool supplier. Of course they also sell cheapies.

These are impact bits used in impact drivers, right?

If you are talking Phillips drive, then snap on sells some very good bits. And pricey!

I just avoid Phillips heads as much as possible. Roberton, torx, hex: anything (except slot) is so much better I am surprised any phillips sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios Fradelakis View Post
    I am tired of using low quality bits from the BORG (eg. - DeWalt) that break or wear out with normal use. I'm looking for a good set that will work without problems arising after a few uses. Money isn't a problem as long as the quality is superb.
    http://chadstoolbox.com/felo
    Superb quality and not much more expensive than the China garbage the box stores carry.

Thanks to everyone who responded. Yep, I was looking for feedback on impact driver bits. Placed an order for a new set.

You can't miss with APEX brand drivers, Both regular and impact are available as well as the different point configurations

Ed.

I am tired of using low quality bits from the BORG (eg. - DeWalt) that break or wear out with normal use.
    I see you answered my question already....
    My question is, are these for a drill/driver or impact driver.

My little Milwaukee 12V impact driver eats regular Phillips bits - no matter what brand - like candy.
    It works fine with impact driver bits - no matter what brand.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    Go online to Amazon. They have a wide selection of vendors that sell cobalt bits. I think you can find what you want there.
    I would think that cobalt bits would be way too brittle for impact bits. I know cobalt drill bits break easier than steel, but are harder and work better for stainless steel. I have used them quite a bit when I used to work with stainless steel.
    NOW you tell me...