Thread: Corel X5 problems

Corel X5 problems

Just wondering if you have this problem. Use X5 and it skips lines when sending job to my laser. I have had the CPU in for repairs and they also replaced the memory card. 80% of the time it's fine but every once in a while it will skip a line or paragraph. Anyone else have this problem? Only does it on big jobs mostly.

Glenn

I doubt that is an X5 issue. I would check the USB cable and connection.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

What type of engraver are you using? This happens with our Universal Laser and X5 as well.
    I have worked for QuickTrophy LLC since 2006.
    Trotec Speedy 360, 3 Universal PLS 360's, 1 M-360, and VLS 230
    We also do color work using a Mimaki UJF-3042Fx and Sublimation Equipment

Matt - I run the X5 and a Universal Laser. Older M20 but it works great. I'm thinking it's in the Corel. This one is not online.

Mike - This unit is not online. No USB so no connection.

How do you connect your machine to your pc?
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Norton View Post
    ...every once in a while it will skip a line or paragraph.
    I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what "skip a line or paragraph" means in the context of a laser engraver. Are chunks of text simply not engraving? That would probably be either a font or color problem: ULS drivers have problems with some font types unless you convert them to curves, and if the color got changed to some odd RGB value it will simply ignore it.

If by "skip a line" you mean random raster sweeps are not getting engraved, that's definitely not a Corel issue.
    Last edited by Lee DeRaud; 11-10-2015 at 5:12 PM.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Mike - laser and computer are connected with 6' serial cable. All the ends are tight. This is something that has been going on for quite awhile. I just skips a line or paragraph. You go back to Corel, clear everything but the missing line, send it back to the laser and it engraves it fine.

I'm still new to Corel and I really don't care for it. Been doing signs for 20 years using Casmate then Flexi so I'm used to working with that. Had a Xenetech that crapped out when one of the boards smoked. It was a pain to work with but it never did this.

I can understand your frustration with Corel--I have the same with Engravlab but love Corel.

I think your issue is with your cable.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I'd agree thats its not corel. More likely cable or something to do with the laser print driver or software.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander