Thread: show me your spray booth setup

show me your spray booth setup

i am in desperate need for ideas for a little spray booth setup. i am very space limited IN the shop, but i can spray outside and build a little booth outside that would stay in place. but i also wouldn't mind ideas for a little tear down booth IN my shop.
    i know large pieces of furniture need to be sprayed outside, but my turning i wouldn't mind finding a place in my garage. i want a fan in it and rig it up as good as i can. it doesn't have to be perfect, just good enough to produce a nice finish on my turnings.
    pics from you guys would be appreciated, just want to know how you all do it.

thanx guys

sascha

I'm thinking about some kind of folding screen kind of thing. I was seriously considering a PVC framed, plastic coated, portable booth but now I'm not sure. Since I intend to spray mostly quick drying wb lacquer dust isnt too much of a problem. I did spray some cabinets inside last weekend cuz it was raining. I just placed a couple of drop cloths and sprayed. There was very little overspray so I think some kind of folding screen and an open window with a fan will work most of the time.

I may still do the booth on one of the upper barn floors but that means cleaning the barn...so for now it's the screen idea
    Bill Esposito
    Click on my user name to see the link to My Personal WoodWorking and Tool Review Pages