I found the plans to make an HD antenna. I did so and put it in my attic. The picture is amazing and better than the cable we pay for. It worked flawlessly for a week. Then it was raining a little and some of the channels were pixelating (SP?) So, last week I went to Menards and bought an amplifier for the home made antenna which helped but did not resolve the problem.

Next, I decided to buy an RCA multi-directional antenna with an amplifier which has a 35 mile range. Note that all TV stations are less than ten miles from my home. The RCA works better than my home made one but today in the rain it started pixelating as well.

Both antennas were pointed in the direction of the stations. That is the story and here is where I need some advice:

Will a stronger long range antenna be better at pulling in the local stations that are less than ten miles away? I am hoping to keep this in the attic as antennas that are visible on the homes are against our covenants.

I cannot believe the difference in picture quality between the free TV and what we pay for. If you want a better picture, check out options for yourself.

Hoping to cut that cord.

Thanks for any advice or tips.