Thread: Table Saw Guard for a Delta Unisaw

Table Saw Guard for a Delta Unisaw

I am looking for a guard for a 1981 Delta 10" Unisaw. I am going to be inspected soon and I need to get a new guard, (the old one was removed years ago) Does anybody know where I can buy a new guard without costing a couple of hundred dollars? Your Help is greatly appreciated.

If you want one that will actually do some good (dust collection), consider a Shark Guard.

http://thesharkguard.com/

Hi Jeff, I would suggest an overarm guard with dust collection, preferably one not mounted on a splitter so that it can be used for dado and rebate work.

regards, Rod.

Do a search on Brett Guard. They are common on school equipment and are often available used from people who buy surplus surplus saws and don't use the guards. You can probably find some in the classified ad section (BOYD) of the Old Woodworking Dot Org site.

I made an overarm guard for my Unisaw from an old Sears guard and added DC to it.

IMG_7027.JPG

The shop made splitter has a piece of wood at the top that keeps the guard centered over the blade.

IMG_5188.JPG

It doesn't get in the way and does a good job collecting dust. It doesn't collect any dust when running dados but it gives me a reference of where the blade is and to keep my hands away.

John

You might try here http://www.sawcenter.com/unisawparts.htm if you're just trying to get legal for inspection. Scroll down for guards.
    "When the horse is dead, GET OFF."

+1 on the sharkguard

The lead time on a Shark Guard is 4 months. Instead of that you could consider the SawStop guard with the DC setup. I have one of those on a contractor's saw. They can be bought on Amazon for $140.
    And there was trouble, taking place...