Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Founding (or very long term) members - check in.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo View Post
    Feb 13, 2003 here. It sure has gone by fast.

If you hover over the persons name and look at the bottom left of the screen...the number is the sequence of when they joined. I'm 131.
    Well, I guess I'm #147.
    Joined when Badger Pond shut down. There were,and are, a lot of very talented people on this forum.
    I learn something new, something i can use, every time I log in.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

02-08-2007 I have enjoyed this forum.......I think Jack enjoys deleting my post lately.......joy to the world

155,939 is the most recent number!
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

I'm number 2.

I registered in the early morning of February 11th, 2003 just after the software was installed on our server at Hampton Roads Online by my System Administrator at the time who was number 1.

We still have a large number of our Top 500 Members who all joined in the first week I think. I can get our current Server Administrator to post some registration statistics if anyone is interested.

Keith - that would really be cool!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

May of 2005 for me!
    Looking for engraving "stuff".

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Go for it Keith...always fun stuff to see.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

2007 for me. I was a member at Badger Pond, and lurked here fo years before joining.
    I love mankind. It's people I can't stand.

SMC join rate zoomed in.jpgSMC join rate.jpg

Here is a graph of member number vs join date for folks who have responded to this thread. (Working on getting my post numbers up ) I first thought exponential growth, but as I put more points in it looks piecewise linear with a major rate change on Sept 20, 2006 going from about 6 per day new to about 43 per day.

John

Blog Entries
    I was a couple of years late to the party. 5/3/2005 here, I guess that puts me around 4500 per the chart. Ahead of the next 150,000 though! Still my favorite hangout.

Ah, 4728.
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 10-17-2015 at 8:33 AM.
    NOW you tell me...

I've been here since 11/2003. Like others, I don't post often, but I visit frequently.

I was a Badger Pond fan/member too. Unfortunately, I made a long side trip to a particular magazine's site and didn't discover SMC until a few years ago. I just want to say that Keith, the Mods and you long term members/contributors did a GREAT job preserving the spirit of The Pond.

Frederick,

Thanks for the kind words, we try our best to maintain the same atmosphere that made Badger Pond so successful. I tried to purchase Badger Pond but my offer was refused, it would have been a valuable asset to keep the pond alive rather than see it archived which is why I am so strict here about threads being placed in the proper forum so we can keep them available for everyone and keep the pictures and file attachments available as well.

#159 checking in. Joined 2-15-2003. As I recall, Badger Pond shut down on March 1 of that year. There was a HUGE lag time right at the end as a bunch of people were refreshing constantly and trying to get in the very last post.

I am curious as to what the precipitous event was in about October of 2006 that caused the sudden surge in the rate of new registrations. I can't recall anything specific.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Blog Entries
    Six years here (2009 but in the earliest third of members).
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"