Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Affordable Laser Repair!

Matt
    As it stands right now it appears that Evergreen is the place to go.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I would be interested in hearing on how long the laser tube refills lasted.
    I had Bell Lasers (2laser.com) refill by M300 30W in July 2016 ($750) and now (Nov/Dec 2019) it limped into 2020 requiring 2-3 passes to cut basic 1/8" acrylic. So i would say the tube lasted 3 years. My tubes from ULS lasted at least 6 years each.
    I replaced the optics because I couldn't believe the tube would have only lasted 3 years; well the optics were fine.

I was going to try evergreen this time, but would love to hear how long the tubes lasted and if you reused the company to recharge.
    Happy New Year!
    Tom

I know Phil & Jean Fostini (EverGreen) personally. Without any doubt at all I would say they are the leaders in laser technology when it comes to anything other than the massive companies like Trumpf and Mitsubishi. Their technical knowledge would put them in the top 50 people in the world in my opinion.

There is probably a dozen people in the world I go to when I need core information. Phil and Jean are two of them.
    You did what !

4. I can strongly recommend Evergreen.

I have used Evergreen and everything they did was spot on. Very knowledgeable and kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Phillips View Post
    I just wanted to update from a thread I started a few weeks ago regarding the 72% price increase for ULS laser tubes jumping from $1250 to $2150 for a refurbished tube. I went ahead and tried www.evergreenlaser.com
    I spoke to the owner Phil who seemed like a nice enough guy who believes in offering a reasonably priced service, he says "I'm surprised universal has gone up so much. I work my pricing structure as time, material and labor. For 34 years I have always tried to be fair and take the black magic out of lasers. It also explains why I am receiving a large influx of ULS 50/60 and ULR 60's".
    He quoted me $750 for a tube recharge, for almost 1/3 the cost of ULS I decided that was very reasonable so I sent the tube in, it took about 2 weeks for him to complete the work and send it back, the only down side I can see is that not everyone has a dual tube machine like I do so a two week turn around may be to long of a wait, but for those who have the time and would rather save the money I think this seems like a great service! I hope this info can be a help to someone!
    OG thread:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...es-just-jumped!

5. Hi to all!
    I'm Matteo and I'm from Italy.
    On 23rd September i sent my laser to Evergreen, after 3 months i havent' news from they..i sent a lot of email with no answer, i called they on 30th November and they told me that their head tech has been suffering from some medical issues recently which have prevented timely tube processing. It may still be a while longer for your tube.
    Have you some more info regarding that? They are still reliable?
    I'm a little bit worried for my laser, i'm working with that

Hi all, is there a recommendation for reputable company for regas and repair for Iradion 154F (Trotec) tubes in the UK?
    Seems not to need a regas but won't fire unless I keep it quite warm, looks like a component in the tube electronics has got temperature sensitive, quite capable of repairing it but can't find any details on the circuitry so loathe to just have a go with something this expensive to screw up.
    Trotec Speedy 300 50W
    Gantry CNC Router/Engraver
    Various softwares
    Always keen to try something new

Please don't steal - the government hates competition

Was hoping for a reply but I guess I'll have to look elsewhere....
    Trotec Speedy 300 50W
    Gantry CNC Router/Engraver
    Various softwares
    Always keen to try something new

Please don't steal - the government hates competition

Your first post was a near a year and a half ago, I didn't answer then as I know zilch about repairs other than Evergreen as noted above-

As to your laser not firing unless warm- That's a sign of a 'tired' tube but not necessarily a 'done' tube. I have a 2005 GCC Explorer with the original 30w Synrad tube, I bought it used in 2014 and it was doing 'lazy startup' thing when I got it! Still does to this day! Not always, just when it feels like it. My 40w Synrad Gravograph LS900 did it for years too, but I had the tube repaired about 2 years ago, something bad went in the electronics. I got it back with 10 less watts, was told likely due to burnt mirrors within the tube, and at the time Evergreen's mirror supplier was sending them crap and advised me to not spend the extra money just yet, so I didn't. It works well enough for my needs with the 31w output it has now. HOWEVER-- at time, especially when I'm running low power, like test-marking tape, the laser will take a few seconds before it fires. My fix is simply to start the laser 'dry' to make sure it's firing before I put the parts in.

I also know zilch about Trotec lasers, but I believe, like Gravograph, that they have a 'tickle' setting (that's what Ggraph calls it anyway) that occasionally fires the laser just to keep it warm. My GCC has no such setting, could be why it occasionally takes a bit to fire. I've never played with the tickle settings on my Gravograph lasers.

IF your laser is otherwise working okay, try my 'fix', just send something at full power and run it on some scrap until it fires, then get back to making money
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

9. I am looking for someone to repair my Synrad SH and DH type 2 axis scanning laser heads. I have several non functioning ones now, one or the other of the scanning motors go bad, or seem sticky. Mfr date 1999, model DH3-125CH/528.
    Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Scott Peterson View Post
    I am looking for someone to repair my Synrad SH and DH type 2 axis scanning laser heads. I have several non functioning ones now, one or the other of the scanning motors go bad, or seem sticky. Mfr date 1999, model DH3-125CH/528.
    Thanks for any help.
    Member since 2012 and first post on a old Thread. You would get more attention starting your own Thread.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Phillips View Post
    I just wanted to update from a thread I started a few weeks ago regarding the 72% price increase for ULS laser tubes jumping from $1250 to $2150 for a refurbished tube. I went ahead and tried www.evergreenlaser.com
    I spoke to the owner Phil who seemed like a nice enough guy who believes in offering a reasonably priced service, he says "I'm surprised universal has gone up so much. I work my pricing structure as time, material and labor. For 34 years I have always tried to be fair and take the black magic out of lasers. It also explains why I am receiving a large influx of ULS 50/60 and ULR 60's".
    He quoted me $750 for a tube recharge, for almost 1/3 the cost of ULS I decided that was very reasonable so I sent the tube in, it took about 2 weeks for him to complete the work and send it back, the only down side I can see is that not everyone has a dual tube machine like I do so a two week turn around may be to long of a wait, but for those who have the time and would rather save the money I think this seems like a great service! I hope this info can be a help to someone!
    OG thread:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...es-just-jumped!
    You are lucky, I have my tube with Evergreen for 2 months now, and they do not answer emails for weeks.
    When I called was a lady what always find new reasons, and reasons do not match with the previous ones, and so on.
    Not the way to do business at all, very dodgy.