Thread: Stair Landing Display Cabinets

Stair Landing Display Cabinets

Our client had a stairwell running up through the center of his house. On one of the landings, he had a wall with 22” of unused (depth) space behind it and wanted display cabinets sunk into the wall. He wanted the face and surrounding woodwork to be very rich-looking so we treated the cabinet much like a fireplace mantle.
    We were to design it (keeping with his home’s style in mind), construct and install the unit.
    Here’s a early construction pic in the shop / notice that the columns, left & right, sit on the face of the sheetrock and the cabs run deeper, back into the wall’s surface.

We added the top (which was to act as a shelf) and primed it.

Here it is installed…

Once the paint was finished, knobs were attached & the glass inserted…. he sent me these pics as he was so happy with how it turned out.

I thought it looked pretty good too / check out the website gallery, if you’d like

Russell Hudson (click on my name at beginning of article and a window will give the home page link)

WOW. That is gorgeous!!
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

It really looks great ! With the mirrors you can see if someone is coming up the steps with a gun. (Am I watching too much TV ?)

WOW! that is ritzy!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Quote Originally Posted by Yonak Hawkins View Post
    It really looks great ! With the mirrors you can see if someone is coming up the steps with a gun. (Am I watching too much TV ?)
    Of course, that means they can see you, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Brader View Post
    Of course, that means they can see you, too...
    lol .. but they can't shoot me.

Russell, I always enjoy seeing your work. Thank you for keeping us in the loop. Patrick