Thread: Edge Detail?

Edge Detail?

Hope you can give me some advice. I'm making the below and not sure what to do with the edge detail of the cubbies.

2015-10-05 20.04.26.jpg

I've already routed a round over detail on the sides and I'll do some type of cover or ogee detail across the top but not sure what to do with the front edges of the six cubbies.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Aaron

I would use an astragal moulding mitred. Small enough for the existing front face ,along with the sides of the astragal, to form a right angle with each part measuring about a heavy eighth inch. This idea would work better without the eased edge you have put on the vertical side pieces. P.S. Around here we sometimes call a bead flanked by flats an "astragal" ,that is what I'm suggesting. Many only use the term for a bead flanked by coves. In this case I think the coves would be too much.
    Last edited by Mel Fulks; 10-05-2015 at 9:00 PM.

I think I would simply ease the edges slightly (I do this with a hand-held sanding block) and call it done.

But I would make the side projection of the top equal to the front projection, and put an ogee on all three edges.