Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very Light Curly Maple Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Boger View Post
    A big thank you to Tim. I never would have guessed it.

Red
    RED

I just looked into this WTF and sounds pretty good. I may have to pick up a can and give it a try. I'm looking for some kind of an easy(somewhat) go to finish for my small turnings like potpourri bowls, pedestal bowls and so forth.

Red
    RED

Very easy and quick.

And today I had 2 bottles of Transtint and 2 of Transfast in my hand at Rockler's and thought, "Since I don't know whether powder and liquid are equivalent, I didn't feel like spending $44 until I knew." So powder or liquid?
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    Steve, this is 4/4 stock that comes almost shiny smooth from the supplier. So I make the recess with a forstner and then mount it and never turn it around to the other side. It is 11-1/2 " across.
    Brian, did you grind off the center point on your Forstner bit? Mine have a long point and extend at least 1/8" past the wing cutters which also leave a deeper grove. A separate question to all the dye comments.

This WTF is new to me, too. Do you guys spray this on, as suggested in the Amazon site, or is it possible to wipe on? I don't have a HVLP set-up, so would it be futile for me to go down this path without HVLP?

I have no spray set up and have only wiped it on. I have no reason to try another system. I fine sand (320 or 400 or 600) every 3 coats.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!