Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: zero clearance plate for ridgid r4516

Well matt I did and no they dont have one

Hi Marlin,

Unfortunately, we do not have any inserts that fit the Ridgid R4516 table saw. Leecraft has no plans to make them at this time. Should you decide to make your own we sell blank universal sheets of the high-density phenolic, melamine-faced material that the inserts are made with. They are available in four different thicknesses. See link:
    https://www.sliversmill.com/category...nk_Sheets.html

The blanks gave me a ideal plus some of the suggestions on here. I am going to get another plate for my saw after I measure how deep the blade goes I will get me one of the blanks and mill it to fit smooth and attach it to underneath and make my own.

I also have a R4516 and running into the same problem and just wondering if any solutions has work so far. The plate is 1/16th thick steel plate
    Attached Images Attached Images

Check out Leecraft. I bought an insert for a Rigid R4512 that fits my Grizzly ts. Nice insert. It replaced the one I got from Grizzly that, to my amazement, did not have a tab on the back end to keep it from flying up and off the saw.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

My Hitachi job site saw had a weird goofy style and size throat plate.

The only thing I could come up with as a ZCI, was to cast a copy of the plate in plaster paris, then use that cast as a negative - and cast some actual plates using machinable wax, then trim those down on the outsie to fit - using the router table as Glenn shows above.

Machinable wax is a very hard tough material. You can buy it or make your own.
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...

Floor laminate works very well for inserts.

So does engineered flooring, basically the same thing, all depends on what you have access to.