Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cunningham View Post
I was under that impression too.. In the first case, the outside affiliate was in Montreal, in the second, it was shipped in from China (although china was never mentioned anywhere in the vendor info). I still think hacks are possible, and Amazon covers them up. Where else would they get the matching 3 digit validation number on the back of the card. None of my suppliers that I use my card with have it, the only place it has ever been entered for online purchases is Amazon and Cabelas. Plus, if they used the security of never shipping to a address not registered to the card, this problem could be eliminated. I know when my customers use their cards through PayPal, I get a verified shipping address, and will be the only address I will ship stuff to.
Interesting, because whenever I have added a credit card to my Amazon account they have not asked for the three digit validation code. I always thought it strange that the world's biggest online retailer didn't ask for something that is basic to credit card security.