Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Unhealthy Snacks

Your Favorite Unhealthy Snacks

With Halloween approaching the proliferation of candy corn increases much to the wife's dismay. She cannot resist that and carrot cake. Chocolate is my weak spot. With the holidays not far off, what snack will prove too much temptation to resist?

Sorry Rich but dark chocolate is a health food as long as you don't wash it down with milk. Mine is Dorito's. I never buy them, but if I'am offered one chip I can't resist eating the whole bag.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Single malt.
    Brett
    Peters Creek, Alaska

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Blog Entries
    If we're talking candy, then it's Bottle Caps (especially the root beer, and they have to be fresh and soft).

Ice cream comes next in the list.

Then sweet wines... though if it's red it has some health benefits, soooooo....
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Anything with peanut butter in the ingredients.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Blog Entries
    Cashews...
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Jalapeno cheddar popcorn from Target!

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Doritos and Cheez Doodles. If they show up in the house they're as good as gone.

Dark chocolate for me. Some people say it is healthy, so Red vines. Costco sells large tubs of them and I usually eat a couple every time I walk by. They are no good after they get hard and stale.

Steve

High quality dark chocolate...which I don't consider "un-healthy". The "good stuff" can be satisfying with a few small bites in that respect. I also keep sourdough pretzels around to take care of "the munchies".
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim, I always took you, Ken Fitzgerald, and Rod Sheridan as health food types.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    With Halloween approaching the proliferation of candy corn increases much to the wife's dismay. She cannot resist that and carrot cake. Chocolate is my weak spot. With the holidays not far off, what snack will prove too much temptation to resist?
    Last year my kids after trick-or-treating decided to inventory and count their candy haul because they had noticed in past years that a lot of it seemed to magically "disappear" over time. I just with I could go trick-or-treating also, but I don't think people would give much candy to an adult. I don't know if it is my "favorite" snack, but if there is candy in the house, it seems to evaporate pretty quickly. Anything sweet is on my list.

I do not consider anything bad for me except zucchini and tilapia.

I avoid junk foods like sweet potatoes and eggplant.

Things like bourbon, bacon, and beer are not junk foods, as they are good for my mental health and prolong the life of other people around me.

As for sweets, I avoid them for the most part throughout the year, save for the holidays. I love good, chewy cookies (no nuts, that's just wrong), chocolate, doughnuts, candy corn, saltwater taffy, OREOS (double stuf should become the normal filling amount, and when my wife dips them in chocolate...you better not eat any of them...I have connections), homemade peanut brittle, homemade caramel, wait...are you guys trying to torture me?
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Pure evil...