Thread: Mahogany chairs

Mahogany chairs

Got two chairs finished and delivered this weekend. I made one and my wife made the other. We did the majority of the construction in class at Woodcraft Austin, and finished them at home. I really enjoyed the bent wood lamination. The chairs are made from Mahogany with Walnut plugs covering the screws. The finish is three coats of Penofin Oil. We plan on making many more of these.

IMG_1130.jpgIMG_1131.jpg

Bryan, very nice looking chairs! Makes me want to come sit on your porch & drink a glass of ice tea some evening!

Beautiful chairs. The curved arms make the design. Your woodworking team makes them special. When my wife helps in the shop I really enjoy it.
    Bill

" You are a square peg in a square hole, and we need to twist you to make you fit. " My boss

I like 'em !

Sort of a different take on the classic Adirondack style.

Those look like some nicely made chairs! I like the setting of them too!

Bryan, super looking chairs! How hard was it to bend mahogany? I had heard that it was one of the worst woods for bending. How thick were the laminations?

Very nice design and execution, I really like these chairs! Hope you have better results with the Penofin than I did on my deck which turned black within weeks.

I really like the look of those chairs! Bravo!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Did you have a set of plans you followed? I have been looking for plans for some chairs like this for awhile now. Care to share where you found yours?