Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Software, laser settings ???

First I wish to say thanks to Bill, i replied to your email. Looking for a cutting and marking.

Next, thank you Dave your explanation makes sense. So it is your opinion that if I upgrade mirrors and lenses it won't help increase power and function?

I am not likely to add gold plating to an oinker. I am not going into a business function more than engraving and marking on my pens. I would like to keep it moving and in good shape.

ANY descending views?

Roy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roy Sanders
    Knot to Pen Custom Turned Pens

Platte City, Missouri. USA

CorelDraw x 6
    CorelLaser
    LaserDrw
    Nice-Cut NC-4040 Tabletop Laser 40W

12" Craftsman Table Saw
    12" Craftsman Band Saw
    Craftsman Scroll Saws
    DeWalt Thickness Planer
    !0" Wood Lathe
    Vacuum Chamber
    Pressure Pot

So it is your opinion that if I upgrade mirrors and lenses it won't help increase power and function?
    On paper it will improve things Roy but sadly not to any noticeable extent...you will be looking at fractions of a % better beam transmission from good mirrors and better optical transmission via a good final lens, the problem is the variation in that type of machine is likely more than the improvement better quality parts will actually provide.

I can't even suggest a better quality tube as the fatbody tubes won't fit so you are going to be stuck with the standard Chinese OEM tubes. There are a few tiny cheap mods that will help a little, let me go have a look at the 4040 schematics and I'll come back with some cheap suggestions that may improve things a few % for you
    You did what !

Hi Dave

What a kind offer. Thank you. I am certainly looking forward to hearing what you find.

Roy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roy Sanders
    Knot to Pen Custom Turned Pens

Platte City, Missouri. USA

CorelDraw x 6
    CorelLaser
    LaserDrw
    Nice-Cut NC-4040 Tabletop Laser 40W

12" Craftsman Table Saw
    12" Craftsman Band Saw
    Craftsman Scroll Saws